7+4 weeks. Consistently heavier spotting. Worried.

theatremum89

Reaction score
Hi there--

This is my first pregnancy. I never imagined I'd conceive naturally, as I've been dealing with PCOS and ovarian cysts since I was 16. My 3 sisters all had varying degrees of assistance in conceiving. It came as quite a shock to me and my husband.

Last Sunday, I had the slightest brown spotting. I was also experiencing slight back/flank pain. I went to our Advanced Care Center and found out I had a UTI. The doctor tested HCG and did an early ultrasound. He said my hormone levels were fine and that the gestational sac was measuring correctly. Fetal pole wasn't visible yet, as it was too early. I've been on a strong dose of antibiotics for the past week.

I continued to spot the slightest amount on and off all week. It stopped Friday-Sunday of this week, only to reappear today worse than it has yet. Instead of just spots, it's the majority when I wipe. It's not enough to appear on underwear/liner, but I'm very worried. I had a little slight cramping yesterday, but nothing that is out of the ordinary for what I've been feeling.

My first official prenatal appointment is tomorrow, and I'm just trying to relax and ease my mind.

Has anyone else experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Hiya

From what I've read, it is very common to spot in early pregnancy for a number of reasons.

I'm 8 weeks today and two weeks ago I had a large amount of mid cycle bleeding ( enough to fill a tampon) it was so out of the blood and not the norm so I did a test and lo and behold I was 6 weeks pregnant.

I had an early scan last week because of the bleed. Bubs was fine with a visible heartbeat but I have a large area which they think is a possible subchoironic bleed which explains my blood loss.

Did they see anything like this on your scan?

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. ( I need to listen to my own advice too and step away from Google!!) xx

The ultrasound tech said nothing the entire time she was doing the scan! I was convinced something was wrong.

We waited for an hour for the doctor to come back to report that I was measuring correctly for my hormone levels/lmp. Since it was the Advanced Care Center, he was an Emergency Medicine doctor and not an OB/GYN. I'm looking forward to seeing my midwife tomorrow.

My eldest sister had a SCH with her first child and first trimester spotting with her second.

I'm wondering if my cervix is still just irritated from everything last week with the UTI/etc.

I am remaining as positive as possible, sending all the good vibes to the little bean, and hoping that tomorrow with ease my fears. It will be lovely to just have some answers.

UTI is a definite cause of spotting, and the emergency room scans are always so impersonal.. I had an early scan this pregnancy for spotting and it wasnt until a few hours later that someone came in and said there was even a heartbeat, it was awful waiting, I was pretty sure they were going to tell me it wasnt viable. Im like its right there on the screen! Tell me about it! But they never do..I had an emergency scan last pregnancy too and I couldn't even see the screen, I guess it's how they're trained in case they find more after further evaluation.

Hoping your spotting is just from the uti and irritation, sounds like it though since it is so light :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->