7 month old night terrors?

fingers_cross

Reaction score
This has happened a few times but tonight it was really bad. i had his monitor on as usual and he had been in bed about 2 hours and he started screaming and i mean SCREAMING like he was in pain and terrified of something. i picked him up as i thought he was awake and then realised he was still asleep i think. he wouldnt take his dummy and just kept screaming. i him down on my bed (next to his cot) and he started to settle and reach out for his teddy to cuddle onto so i put him into his cot and he settled back down again. he was screaming so loud and no amount of cuddling or shhhing or soothing was helping which is really unlike him.

does this sound like a night terror? it sure scared me anyway!

hes been at his grannys today (as my best friend (im going to be her brides maid) was doing her first dress shop) and although she promised me she would stick to his nap times (10am-12pm was the only one i asked her to stick to and said it didnt matter about the afternoon nap as much as hed just nap when they were out and about) and when i got home i asked her how long he napped for and she said she was talking to her sister (my auntie) and shes decided that when hes at grannys routine is out the window (great thanks) so by the time he got home he was EXHAUSTED and had to go to bed at 5pm (its usually 5.30-6pm). im wondering if hes really overtired and thats whats caused it?xx

I have the same with my 6 month old. She's usually asleep for about 2hours then I get woken up by horrific screaming/whimpering, yet she's still fast asleep :nope:. I do the same as you and quickly pick her up (mothers instinct I think!) and cradle her until she calms down. I usually just talk softly to her like "mummy's here, shhh shhh shhh" and it seems to work every time. I probably have this about once a week-fortnight.

Guess we all have nightmares, I think they must be dreaming of the world running out of milk... who knows :haha:.

Your not alone, keep it up ;)

x

My LO has done it twice before and she is a Very contented baby, never fussy, very happy, never cries, ever, so when she does them it scares the living day lights out of me as its very out of character! I do same, charge upstairs and grab her as she is normally hysterically crying with tears rolling down her cheeks :-( However, I asked a few of my friends with babies and they've experienced it so I guess it's normal, although would be interesting to know what causes it?! Hahaha dreaming of the world running out of milk is probably an accurate guess!!! X

Normally night terrors are caused by a traumatic event in life (i.e. death of a loved one) ... Or you have the other story of people believing its the after life making contact.

But normally babies that young aren't easily scared. They can jump at things though, so they might be dreaming of something which made them jump or they had a muscle spasm - which could have made them jump. You ever been in bed, drifted off then suddenly woken in a jump?

Obviously monitor it anyway, if it persists I'd speak to your doctor or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->