7 month old not progressing from puree

maisiesmum

Reaction score
Hello,

Im new to the forums but really need some advice as Im losing sleep!!!

I started giving my baby puree's just before 6 months (so for the last 6 weeks), she didnt really take to it at first but after a couple of weeks was starting to love her food. She LOVES porridge with fruit puree and will eat it until the cows come home but is not so sure about veg but will eat it.

However, when I have tried to give her lumpier food, not just very pureed fruit and veg, she has refused to eat it! She has been teething and has cut her first tooth this week and now has a cold :nope:!

I spoke to my health visitor this week who suggested i give her things to hold and eat herself such as carrot batons, green beans etc but everytime I put them on her tray she just looks and them!!! When I put them near her mouth she cries! Its strange though because everything else she shouldnt be eating goes straight into her mouth!!! She obvously knows its food but just doesnt want it.

Im at the end of my tether because she is still just on fruit and veg purees as she wont try chicken or fish and i feel a bit of a failure as her mum (she is my first) :cry::cry::cry:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks xxx

My LO was the same, hated lumpier purees, we were still giving him the smoother purres at 8 months. However, we introduced finger foods as your HV suggested. I dont think my LO would have eaten carrot batons or green beans either. I started giving him toast woth a small amount of spread on, started by cutting it into bite size pieces and then moved onto strips of toast. He pretty much loved it from day 1, once he got the hang of chewing we tried other finger food eg fruit and veg. He also loved the organix carrot puffs, these are easy to hold and pretty much melt in the mouth. He would happily munch on taost but refuse lumpier purres but he got there in the end, I just kept trying the lumpier stuff every few days until he accepted them. Hes now 14m and theres no stopping him, he eats what we have just cut into pieces that he can pick up.

hi,

thanks so much for replying and its good to know your little one now eats well!!!

I will try her with toast tomorrow - ive also bought some rich tea fingers so will try that too maybe and try to get some organix bits

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->