7 month old refusing to nurse, help?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
She's happy to take solids (BLW) but for almost 2 days now she's really reluctant to nurse. I need her to nurse more often as she tends to have large, solid poo anyway, but it's worse with more solids.

She is crying and getting really upset during the day when I offer her the breast. Only nurses once through the night now (refuses a dream feed or any nursing before 2am).

it's 9:30am and she last nursed at 2am and 6am. Has had no solids yet today. Is currently screaming at my boob :(. Not teething.

10:07Am and she's gone down for a nap on an empty stomach. Refused nursing to sleep, doesn't surprise me anyway as she never has liked doing that. Sigh.

Hi minities. Has ur lo started nursing more again? My boy is behaving in the same manner. Can't get him to feed much at all and he may not have taken a feed in hours. He does catch up at night and feeds lots then but it means we are co sleeping and I want my own space in bed. Think at this age they are so distracted in the day and just take enough to get by.

Oh my tickers so need updating my boy is 7 months.

Does your baby cluster-feed at any particular time? Violet usually nurses around 6:30 in the morning and when she's home with my husband while I'm at work, she can sometimes get all the way to lunch time before having anything. Even then, she only takes 4 to 6 ounces the whole time I'm gone and I don't get home until after 4. She makes up for it in the evening though and nurses at night. How about wet diapers? That's a better way to gauge how much your little one is taking in. Of course with stretches of not eating, there will also be stretches of not peeing, but if you look at the day as a whole, there should be at least 6 wet diapers. If so, don't worry and just trust your baby! I know it can be hard when the patterns are weird though.

Edit: That being said, she nursed a lot more today (weekend). Maybe it's a phase.

Could it be a distraction issue? Have you tried nursing with movement (bouncing, walking, etc) or nursing lying down? What happens if you reduce/stop solids?

Eamon did this and the only thing that worked was to reduce solids. He was so full he didn't want to nurse, and he definitely wasn't teething as he didn't get his first one till 13 months. Nursing strikes suck :(

Hi, I didn't think anyone had responded, so forgot about this thread. Sorry! And thank you for the replies. Sophie has never cluster fed, ever. Not once. She's not keen on breastfeeding, it's more of a chore to her I think. She's no booby monster :(.

She's improved over the last couple of weeks, things are much better now. I didn't do anything differently, I think she was just getting bored and distracted for a while there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->