7 month old waking to play

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by GossipGirly, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GossipGirly

GossipGirly 1 DD (2) 1DS (1) and PG

The past few weeks maybe a little longer, libby has been waking between 2-4 and wanting to play?? sometimes she is awake for over 2 hours! I made the decision recently to start letting her cio to sleep at bedtime and put her down a wake (last few days) as Iv always patted/rocked/cuddled her to sleep so from about 4 months she has been waking frequently but its always been easy to pat her back to sleep... she only cries for 10 mins before self settling and slept 7.30 - 1.30am last night then was awake wanting to play and up on all fours and rolling and it took over an hour to let her cio (obviously going back in to calm her down ) which is an improvement on the usual 2 hours but why is she waking??

Please dont comment on my decision to let her cio as its a last resort and I have held off till I felt she is old eneough. Thankyou.

2. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

No idea but I guess it is just a phase and she will soon get the message that it is not playtime! Hope you had a better night x

3. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Im not sure why shes waking but keep making it as boring as possible for her and she should stop waking up. Niamh has been waking up and singing at 5 am despite still being shatterd. I have to settle her back with her dummy and her muslin and stroke her head and she will go back to sleep untill 7.30

4. GossipGirly

GossipGirly 1 DD (2) 1DS (1) and PG

ah thanks, I had a really good night last night she slept 7-4 and stirred a little and was coughing so I gave her a drink and as it was hot and she went straight back to sleep and slept till 7.30 seems she is getting the message.