7 months into TTC... found out I have to have LEEP

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by 1timemomma, May 30, 2013.

1. 1timemomma

1timemomma Well-Known Member

After 6 months of TTC I decided to go to my OBGYN and ask a few questions, while I was there she asked if I wanted to go ahead and get a pap done even though I wasn't due for one, I decided to go ahead since I was already there.

Much to my surprise, she calls me a week later to inform me I had an abnormal pap, and tells me I need to come back in. Make a long story short after a painful biopsy, I have "severely abnormal cells" aka pre cancer cells. I will have to have a surgery called LEEP and while my doctor asked me not to start googling it, I couldn't help myself. I'm devastated and really scared this could hurt our chances of ever having a baby. :cry:

And now into our 7th month of ttc I'm crushed it will have to be put on hold even in the best case situation. My doctor hasn't told me exactly when we can ttc but from what I've read online it's anywhere from 3-12 months after LEEP.

I'm just sad beyond words...

Have any of you ladies had healthy pregnancies after LEEP? How soon after LEEP did you get pregnant?

2. ttcmomma13

ttcmomma13 Well-Known Member

I had a leep in October. Told nonsex for 1 month then could go back to normal. It's not too bad. It was scary at first but looking back it wasn't all tht bad. It'll be ok... :) feel free to ask me any questions, ill try and fill u in from my experience with a leep

3. HBGirl

HBGirl Well-Known Member

I had an aggressive LEEP done 8 years ago, it was relatively painless and healing was quick. Good luck and don't stress hun.

4. chulie

chulie Well-Known Member

Two of my girlfriends had it done and both had successful pregnancies...my ONLY advice...PLEASE wait the reccomended time. Ask how soon you can conceive and if they say "give your body 3 months heal" (or whatever the timeframe is) LISTEN TO THEM!!!! I had a 3rd friend have it done and her ending was not a happy one......just make sure you listen to them and if you do, you will have a successful outcome!! :)

5. 1timemomma

1timemomma Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies! I'm really hoping this turns in to a less of an ordeal then I feel it is at the moment.

6. Hopeful2014

Hopeful2014 E's mom, TTC

@1timemomma I'm so sorry to read this. I know last month was stressful as well. I took to google after reading and searched "positive pregnancy stories/statistics after leep surgery" and "bfp after leep" and found lots of great stories!

Here are some stories that ended in a BFP. Click story to read.

story

story

story

story

I'm here to talk whenever you need. :hugs: