7 positive HPTs, Negative at OB

Here is yesterdays digital and this afternoons frer. The frer was done with only a thirty minute hold in the afternoon. I am 10 dpo.

Attachments

• 20131031_183011.jpg
    20131031_183011.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20131030_200401.jpg
    20131030_200401.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
The line is clear as day, is say ur def pregnant they just ballsed up at drs x

Yes your definitely pregnant.. I would take them to the drs and then complain !

yeah I tested again today with another frer with fmu, and it came up two clear as day lines again. I took my clearblue digital into her yesterday and she was just puzzled on why this could be happening. Luckily I am a veteran and I talked to the VA and they are running a different sample of blood that will actually get my exacty hcg count. I should here back from them today.

When I was ttc my son this happened to me as well. Turns out the blood test the drs office did was just a yes or no one. Not the one that give an actual count. My levels were 48. According to the nurse they only consider pregnancy when it hits 60.

It was ridiculous. I knew I was pregnant and ended up taking over 10 tests. Went into the office again and demande they do it again.

A day later and I hit 67.

Call in and demand a count. If they say no. The ER will do it. You just may be waiting a while. Listen to your instinct. But those lines are pretty awesome. Good luck!!

Well the VA doctor called and said that as of yesterday morning my HCG was 20.25. They said that this was in the normal range for 3 wks and 3 days pregnant, but a little on the lower end of normal, and they want it to be higher. They had me call the OB who screwed up the test yesterday and tell her the number and request that something be done to prevent a miscarriage from occuring. This has me worried. I know im super early in the pregnancy, and I took another test this am and it was definitely darker today, so my hcg must be rising, but I want every preventative measure taken possible.

CONGRATULATIONS officially!! I'm so glad the VA did their best to help and you're getting everything straight!

tdunn...what the VA doctors are telling you scares me.

at this early in a pregnancy if a miscarriage occurs, there's nothing that an OB can do to prevent it from happening. early miscarriages occur because the blastocyst/embryo can't sustain life...for whatever reason. hopefully you don't go through a miscarriage but if it does happen, the VA has now just set you up to think that it would be someone's fault if it happens..which is absolutely not true this early in the game. honestly, I'd be questioning the doctors credentials if he's telling you otherwise.

also...i don't know why they said it was the low end of normal. hcg doubles every 2-3 days. if you implanted on 6dpo and the blood test was on 10 dpo, then that's four days, right? that means that if you assume doubling every 2 days (which is on the fast end of things) then you'd only be at 20miu. you're right where you need to be.

why do all your doctors keep giving you bad info?

Well the VA doctor called and said that as of yesterday morning my HCG was 20.25. They said that this was in the normal range for 3 wks and 3 days pregnant, but a little on the lower end of normal, and they want it to be higher. They had me call the OB who screwed up the test yesterday and tell her the number and request that something be done to prevent a miscarriage from occuring. This has me worried. I know im super early in the pregnancy, and I took another test this am and it was definitely darker today, so my hcg must be rising, but I want every preventative measure taken possible.

Based on what I've seen online, I think 20 is well within range. Would it be possible to get another test done so that you can see whether your levels are increasing appropriately? That would probably tell you more than the number itself.

Good luck!

I think maybe the second dr was concerned about low progesterone and was encouraging the other dr to prescribe progesterone. Mc due to low progesterone are preventable with supplements.

I don't believe the VA ever tried to gibe me the impression that a miscarriage would be someone else's fault. They simply stated they would like to cover all bases. As for my ob/gun she just called me and when given the info that my hcg was 20.25 she said that way too low and I was having a chemical pregnancy and would miscarry. My husband if very frustrated because we believed 20 was a decent number and have seen my tests progressively getting darker. O feel very confused and frustrated and helpless. I don't want to go through another miscarriage

I don't believe the VA ever tried to gibe me the impression that a miscarriage would be someone else's fault. They simply stated they would like to cover all bases. As for my ob/gun she just called me and when given the info that my hcg was 20.25 she said that way too low and I was having a chemical pregnancy and would miscarry. My husband if very frustrated because we believed 20 was a decent number and have seen my tests progressively getting darker. O feel very confused and frustrated and helpless. I don't want to go through another miscarriage

As for my ob/gun she just called me and when given the info that my hcg was 20.25 she said that way too low and I was having a chemical pregnancy and would miscarry.

At 3 weeks 3 days? Really?!? That's what I'm saying. I think they're trying to freak you out unnecessarily. Well, maybe the said extra stuff that I don't know. If you had hcg done previous to 3 weeks 3 days which was higher than 20, then yes, you would be miscarrying...but if you only had one blood draw to date and they're telling you you're miscarrying because of that one normal number?

Something seems fishy here.

As for my ob/gun she just called me and when given the info that my hcg was 20.25 she said that way too low and I was having a chemical pregnancy and would miscarry.

At 3 weeks 3 days? Really?!? That's what I'm saying. I think they're trying to freak you out unnecessarily. Well, maybe the said extra stuff that I don't know. If you had hcg done previous to 3 weeks 3 days which was higher than 20, then yes, you would be miscarrying...but if you only had one blood draw to date and they're telling you you're miscarrying because of that one normal number?

This was my first blood draw. Never anything before that. There wasn't really anything else said by her. I just wanted to know why everything else was progressive.g but she still thought I was gonna miscarry. No answer

The number doesnt matter that much what matters is that your hcg is doubling every 36 hours. Ladies with even lower number carry a healthy pregnancy cuz the hormone is increasing. I cant believe they would draw such conclusion just by one blood test. I'd recommend to have another again in a day or two to see that your hcg is doubling. GL dear x

The number doesnt matter that much what matters is that your hcg is doubling every 36 hours. Ladies with even lower number carry a healthy pregnancy cuz the hormone is increasing. I cant believe they would draw such conclusion just by one blood test. I'd recommend to have another again in a day or two to see that your hcg is doubling. GL dear x

^^^ wss

I'm going on Monday morning to get another blood test and if this pregnancy is viable then I'm switching doctors. I'm very down now and I'm now just prepared for the worst. I hate being that way but they tell u not to stress but how am I supposed to do that now

Yesterdays vs today's tests. Blood test yesterday. Doctor said that I would miscarry because my hcg is too low. It is 20.25 and I am 3 weeks and 4 days today. The blue dye test didn't even look positive yesterday so it must be less sensitive but today its an easy to see positive. Opinions? Does it seem like my hcg is rising? What can I do till I get to my new doc Monday to raise my progesterone levels?

Attachments

• 20131101_145155.jpg
    20131101_145155.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20131101_145258.jpg
    20131101_145258.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 26

agree,20 is a good number and if it so low they would do another beta...to make sure its doubling or not....seems wacked them saying what they ssay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->