7 week old baby with cold

hispanomum

Reaction score
Does anyone know how best to help a 7 week old baby with a cold - poor little darling is really snotty :- (

Sadly there isnt alot out there that lo's so small can have, as we found out with Harrison. The dr did tell me that if he was blocked up, then to run a bath/put shower running and stand/sit in the bathroom with lo for a while. The steam is suppossed to help clear the congestion i think xxxx
HTH xx

Unfortunately there is nothing you can give them at that age. Sometimes tilting their mattress can help them sleep at night. It helps with their breathing cause they are not lying flat. When Madi had a cold at 6 weeks, we put a little vicks in a bowl of warm water near her cot when she slept at night and it seemed to help with her breathing.

Thank you :), seems so unfair to get ill so young. He's really suffering poor darling.x

My LO is 7 weeks has had the snuffles and snots since he was born! We have a saline spray and drops and put one drop/squirt up each nostril at every feed,before bed,when he wakes and any tiem in between that he needs it. We have his mattress tilted because of his sickiness and have done the vicks on a tissue at the very top of his moses basket, there isn't alot else that can be done apart from hanging in there. Hope LO is better soon x

When Savannah had a cold that age we got told olbis oil in boiling water in the room it helped her and what other people have said drops for the nose and tilting the mattress x hope ur lo gets better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->