7 week sono ~ Baby and yolk sac or twins?

MamaWorld

Reaction score
I had a sono at 7 weeks 1 day. The sono tech said that it was baby and yolk sac. But I can't help but to wonder if it's possible if she mistook a twin for yolk sac. I don't remember seeing the yolk sac in my first two pregnancies. I'm 10 weeks 3 days now and have my next appointment this coming Monday but it's not for a sono. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 178
At 7w1d I'm assuming the baby had a heartbeat and would have been about 10mm, and the yolk sac should have been about 6mm and perfectly round. I'd trust the tech. If you didn't have a yolk sac at that time in your first two pregnancies, then you wouldn't have had onging pregnancies. The yolk sac is what feeds the baby until the placenta takes over.

I would also trust the tech. I've always seen the yolk sac clearly on all my scans.

Would u like it to be twins?? :)

Thanks for the input! I'll have to dig out my old sonos and check them out. I've always wanted twins so I think it's wishful thinking mare than anything lol

I think the tech would of definitely noticed if there was another baby in there :)

My scan 8+3 with a yolk sack :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 24
I agree the tech has seen enough that she/he would be able to tell twins from a yolk sack.

Mine had a yolk sac at 7w5d. It's not another baby!

Here's my scan at 6wks 4days, two babies and two yolk sacs! Very clear!
https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsaccb762b.jpg

Looks like a baby and yolk sac to me too. Sometimes they may not show up on the scan/scan pic as it depends on the angle of the thingy-ma-jig they use to do the scan though the sonographer will always check for it during the scan x

See yours just looks differnt to me. The yok sac is much smaller than the baby and it's round. Mine is the same size as the baby and not round.

Maybe just the angle made it look round. I don't know, the lady did the sono so quick that I didn't really get to get a good look at it. I don't think I'm going to be fully convinced until my next scan, which isn't until 18 weeks.

Id say trust the tech but will be interested to see what the outcome is!

I'll keep you all updated. Chances are I'm just going crazy lol

Not sure if anyone is still following this post or not. I had my 18 week sono and I have a little girl! The sono tech didn't say anything about there being twins. But I posted my sono pics for friends and family to see and there's a few that's saying they see another baby. So now I'm freaking out all over again!

At 18 weeks there is no way a sonographer would miss an entire other baby in there. If you were having twins they'd have told you that by now.

There's quite a few people that I know that are saying they see another face and think I should ask for another sono.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member