7 weeks and brown discharge when wiping

makeithappen

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have been having some stitch like pain in my right side for a few weeks. Last night after going to the toilet and wiping there was some pink discharge (barely there but enough to notice on the loo roll). Today each time I have wiped there has been the smallest bit of brown discharge on the loo roll. There is no staining on my pants or anything but I am so worried about it.

I don't know if the pain and discharge are at all connected
Has this happened to anyone else?

I had some brownish discharge between 7-8 weeks. Everything I read suggested if it was brown it was old blood and not to worry. I mentioned it when i saw my midwife at 9 weeks but it had stopped by this point and she wasn’t worried.

IF you are worried, speak to someone, but I think it is fairly common.

It is quite common in the first trimester. I had the same a few times and my doctor said that brown blood is old blood and not fresh blood so it's not as concerning. I'm sure everything will be OK :)

I've myself convinced this is an ectopic pregnancy because of this pain and now this small brown discharge. Driving myself insane. Thanks for your replies girls.

I hope that you can get some answers soon hun. The first trimester can be such a nerve wracking time but I hope that everything is OK :hugs:

Thank you, it's weeks yet to my scan so I'm hoping I don't go insane by then lol

I had a lot of brown discharge in my first pregnancy. I never found out what caused it, but I have a perfectly healthy almost 4 year old. Try not to worry too much. (Easier said than done, I know)

Phone your early pregnancy unit...epas or whatever you have. explain your symptoms and how very worried you are, hopefully they will book you in for an early scan.

It could be absolutely nothing to worry about but it would settle your nerves.

I had to phone on tuesday as i had pinky discharge and freaked out as I had a mc earlier this year. They kindly got me in for a scan and it turns out I have a large sub chorionic haematoma. Ive not had any bleeding since but have another scan on tuesday. Baby has a heartbeat and yolk sac which is positive. So it might not be great news but at least i know now and can rest up a bit.

Not trying to worry you, just showing not all bleeding is terrible news but worth getting checked especially so you dont worry yourself sick. Good luck xx

Just wondering if there is an update on this thread? I have the exact same thing. I could have written this, stitch like pain and barely there brown discharge. I am at high risk of having an ectopic Pregnancy but have to wait till next week when I will be 6 weeks before I can have a scan.
Thanks

Hi, I'm now 11 weeks and havent had anymore brown/pink discharge. I still have the odd sharp pain in my side but it's not as often. I haven't had my 12 week scan yet, not until 15th so I can't say everything is ok BUT I have found the heartbeat twice with my Doppler yesterday and today which is reassuring. Hope this helps and that you get good news next week xx

I lost my baby I'm afraid. There was no more growth after the first scan but the heart beat continued for a couple of weeks but it was confirmed to have stopped at 9weeks 2days and I had a mc the following morning.

I hope everything works out well for your pregnancies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->