7 weeks and slow fetal heartbeat

MSMonkey9311

Reaction score
Just came back from 7 week u/s and the embryo/fetus is bigger and there is a definite heartbeat but it is not at the beats per min it should be. It is very slow. Anyone been in a similar situation and had a successful outcome?? Need hope as I got back in 4 days for my next sonogram.

No advice Hun. Just wanted to say good luck Hun. All the best! x

How fast was it? 7 weeks is still very early. Try not to worry, especially since baby is growing.

How fast was it? 7 weeks is still very early. Try not to worry, especially since baby is growing.

I don't have the exact bpm as they were having trouble pulling it up on the doppler. However, my doctor came in with the Sonogram Tech and saw the heartbeat. We all saw it, it just wasn't fluttering as fast as it should be. I did grow from 2.5mm to 6.2mm CRL (from what they told me). They are being cautiously optimistic. I had a frozen transfer so they are pretty close to the date, it just seems maybe the embryo/fetus is a little behind.

Thanks for the kind words. I am trying to stay positive. :shrug:

Do you remember if it was in the hundreds? I wouldn't panic until I knew the number. I have seen post where the docs told them that a good heartbeat was actually a bad one...so don't stress yet!! Fingers crossed for you!

Do you remember if it was in the hundreds? I wouldn't panic until I knew the number. I have seen post where the docs told them that a good heartbeat was actually a bad one...so don't stress yet!! Fingers crossed for you!

I believe it was in the 80's as they said something that it should be at least low 100s. Thanks I can use all the luck I can get. Setting up a bunch of projects that will keep me busy around the house this weekend.

MSMonkey how are you doing now? I've just been told my baby's heartrate was too low at what I thought was 6w 1d but they thought was 5w 4d.

What was your outcome?

What if you are more around 6 weeks because baby implanted late? That could explain a slower heartbeat.
Measuring the size is often not accurate this early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->