7 weeks- cervix?

Rae.Rae

Reaction score
I hope I am just getting all worked up for nothing. I'm not usually a cervix checker- I attempted it when TTC but it never seemed to offer much info into whether or not I was getting ready to ovulate, so I stopped. However, with this pregnancy, I check my cm, usually on toilet paper, frequently because I fear brown or red blood (as I'm sure all of us do, but I had a mmc two years ago and bleed brown from the time I found out I was pregnant until the time I was told I lost the baby, so I constantly worry!).

Last Thursday, I had a TV ultrasound and baby is right on schedule with heartbeat and all, at 7 weeks. I've had no sign of spotting or cramps or anything out of the unusual. However, it felt like my cervix was slightly open. I'm not sure if I have an incompetent cervix or if the inner part of the cervix is closed and I was just feeling the outer part, or if it is indeed open, but now I'm worried yet again. I haven't given birth before, so it's not from that, and I haven't checked again because that time I wasn't intending to check the cervix, only the CM, and I don't want to irritate it further. Sigh...can't the first trimester be a little easier?

Anyway, any words of advice or comfort? My doctor is great and I can reach him at all times, so he told me that we can monitor it and if I'm truly worried, he'll write me script to meet with a high risk doctor who can check out my cervix and see if there's anything to worry about (which, of course I'm doing, because I can't relax lol), but I just wanted to know if there was any one with any similar experiences or someone who can just tell me I'm being silly. :haha::wacko:

Hey

My cervix is slightly open on the outside but is completely closed on the inside which is the more important part, they would also be able to tell you on a scan if there was any issues with your cervix at my 20 week scan all was well with it still closed on the inside :)

Try not to worry the only other thing I would say and other ladies will probably say the same keep your fingers out of there from now on I went to see my Doc on Friday last week as I though I might have a yeast infection and she would only swab the outside they really don't like poking around up there when pregnant :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->