7 weeks pregnant with IUI but measuring 6 weeks.

mk8

Reaction score
Just reaching out to see what experiences you may have.

DH and I embarked on fertility treatment to conceive our second child after TTC for 1 year. We conceived our first child via IUI (unexplained fertility). We were blessed with a happy healthy child.

The first two treatment cycles BFN. The final IUI cycle (before moving on to IVF) we were shocked to get a BFP. I was elated. I had my beta blood test that day (15 days post IUI). My beta hcg was low at 37. That day I also started spotting . I suspected a chemical. But three days later we did a new beta. It had tripled! Still low though so told to repeat in three days . It more than tripled! We had hope. Then 4 days after that I started bleeding red. I was devastated. Thought I was miscarrying. Next day I went for a scan at what should have been 5wks + 5 days. Baby was still in there but measuring just under 5 weeks. I was told to go back in a week to rescan. So back I went yesterday at what should have been 7 weeks, expecting the worst. But baby had grown and we saw a heartbeat. However baby still measuring 1 week behind.

The doctor said its reassuring to see a heartbeat but he also mentioned being a week behind could mean chromosomal issues. With IUI we knew when ovulation occurred so a week off seems long, but then IUI isn't as precise as ivf.

I'm here to see if anybody had any experiences to share. Whether you opted for early screening and what screening did you have. Thanks.

Congrats on your bfp after your struggles :)

I'd say a week out isn't too much to worry about. It's very easy to get it wrong by up to a week. that's what my sonographer told me. You'll probably ind your baby to be the right size at the next ultrasound.

With my baby boy, I had so many scans and I remember having one private scan, and one through the hospital within a week. Anyway, first was the private scan which told me I was 9+5 then I go to the hospital one and find I've miraculously gone back to 8+6!

Thank you yoyo. I hope that the technology is a little out and everything proves to be OK.

Congrats on your BFP!

Thanks aid. Are you currently pregnant?

I'm sorry to hear you have had such a tough journey in TTC Aid. Pleased to hear that your current baby is doing well. Stay positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->