7 years and counting.....

Dramaqueeny

Reaction score
So her goes with my story. First of all my husband and I are the proud parents of a beautiful, amazing, healthy, intelligent 11 year old son. My first pregnancy happen whilst I was still in college, unmarried and on the pill so it was a complete shock to both of us. Skip to five years later, we both have good jobs, a nice house and are just married. Perfect time to come off the pill and try for number 2. Unfortunately it wasn't that easy. After 18 months I went to my GP and thus began a very, very long road of blood tests and clomid cycles and ovulation sticks. 3 years in I fell pregnant and we were the happiest people alive. I miscarried at 6 weeks. Back to the drawing board. This time I had a HSG and my husband had a sperm analysis. Turns out his sperm was 15 million and so we were finally sent to a fertility clinic. They sent me for a lap and dye which found moderate endemetriosis and lasered it off. The operation also left me with permanent nerve damage in my right thigh. But it would be worth it if I got pregnant right? Another 6 months of clomid and nothing. That was a year ago now and I have just been put on the list for IVF. This is my last chance. I can't keep doing this. There has to be a point where you say enough is enough. I can't keep waiting every month to see if this is it, I can't keep being poked and prodded, I have to make future plans without thinking about the possibility of a baby. But how? How do I stop myself from waiting every month? From imagining what they would look like, what kind of a brother my son would be? What it would be like to tell our friends and family that after so long it's our turn. Because we had our son so young none of our friends were having babies. we're now in our thirties and it seems like everyone around me is pregnant or just given birth! And worse than that they all feel bad telling me. I see the sympathy in their eyes an I hate it. I'm happy for them! I want them to have healthy, happy families. I just want the same for us. I spoke to m son a few weeks ago as he knew I was attending the hospital but didn't know what was going on. he knows we would like another baby but that's all. I explained IVF to him and he started to cry. I asked him what was wrong and his reply was "you're telling me there is a 40% chance I might be a big brother." My heart broke and not just for myself and my husband but for him also.

Hi sorry you're having a hard time, just wanted to give you a positive story
We were trying over ten years, admittedly I took a few years to go to Dr as we were young at the time
Anyway I had 9 months of clomid at 100mg and prior to this 3 rounds of 50mg all with no luck
Went for ivf and now have my little girl
One of my dh counts was 13m one was 15 and the others varied but day of egg collection it was 29m and all other counts good
We had a 46% chance of it working at my clinic and done a fet as I had ohss so had to freeze all which has a higher success rate anyway and I also had endometrial scratch to boost chance of implantation and I really feel this helped a lot
Just wanted to say don't give up, as hard as it is stay hopeful, your son will have a baby brother or sister
For some of us just takes a little longer but the experts are so good at what they do these days you have a great chance xx

Thank you, it's so good to hear I'm not the only one who has been trying for so long! I know that everyone's journey is their own and we don't know what other people are going through but I'm so tired of people saying to me, "oh you're having problem? Yeah my sister / friend/ colleague had a really hard time as well. They tried for nearly a year, but it finally worked, it'll work for you too! " I know people just want to be nice but that just doesn't help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->