:/

I agree. Just keeping his texts and being civil towards him is all you need. Getting advice on how to handle thie situation is best. If the courts see the texts you save they will make the best decision for Brayden. He'll grow up and know his dad and his new gf's aren't stable. That's FOB's issue there how his son perceives him.

If FOB is a drug addict, is it really ideal that he sees LO? :shrug:

If FOB is a drug addict, is it really ideal that he sees LO? :shrug:

It's not like hard drugs, that I know of. That's why I'm there every time he sees him. I don't really take him to see FOB I take him to see his Grandparents, which is where he lives. They pay his child support so I wouldn't keep LO from them. Also if he were to take me to court I can't 'prove' it, he has gotten away with so many drug tests when I know he shouldn't.

I really don't know what to say cos I have 2 totally different viewpoints!

From a personal perspective, I agree with you, and I was exactly the same as you when FOB got his gf. He's unstable, abusive, and flits from girl to girl in a matter of weeks so I said she wasn't seeing Noah, and he wasn't having Noah on his own. He threatened me with court etc etc and I just told him to do it. He never did... He was horribly abusive (verbally) the whole time and he barely saw Noah because 'if he couldn't have him on his own he didn't want to see him at all' (even though he'd only EVER seen him with me there for his whole life and never had a problem with it before). Well, surprise surprise they broke up and now things are back to normal and I'm glad i stood my ground although it was horrible while it lasted. But honestly the reason i didn't want her around Noah is because I was jealous, i didn't want them going off playing happy families and FOB using Noah as some sort of toy to impress her and make her think oooh he's such a good dad, when he's not. But yeah not gonna lie it was totally selfish reasons i didn't let her/him see Noah and if Noah had met her it wouldn't have affected him in any way. :shrug:

On the other hand i agree with hot tea, you have your OH in Brayden's life and 7 months is really not that long, and as far as I remember he's been in Brayden's life for months and months. So i do kinda think its double standards a bit

FOBs girlfriend sees issy, because I know her through friends and she seems pleasant, normal and like a good influence on him. Plus my FOB isn't a particularly horrible person, just a pain in the arse. Also, it's not like it's just the 2 of them, his friends and family are usually around, so I'm not too concerned about her getting attached to someone specific who'll then disappearI and I think she's scared of me, which is funny :haha:
I personally think if you're there anyway then what's the problem? I don't know much about your FOB, but as I said, if they're supervised it's not like you'll let them do anything bad or dangerous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->