7dpo *update... only 9 day luteal phase? help!

Cherryb89

Reaction score
My cycles are usually long. Ive been ttc for over 6 months now and i always chart. I ovulated 7 days ago. I had very sore nipples for 4 days and had pink spotting last night but nothing since... today i woke up with a headache. Blocked nose which has cleared now but have lots of nausea.. ive attached my chart to see if there is finally a chance for us.

update..
after 9 days my spotting got heavier. This has been happening for 9 months now. Does this happen to other ladies? Is there anything I can do? Its heartbreaking getting my period 8 days after I ovulate on average..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-11-32-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-11-32-00.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 12
I really can't see your chart but the sounds of your symptoms it could be the real deal. When can you test? Usually you don't implant 6-12dpo but I've read some woman that have tested positive 8dpo. Try to wait till 9 or 10dpo and use a FRER. wishing for the best for you!

Im probably about 7 dpo now.. so might get a good result on wednesday or thursday if AF doesnt show. My LF has been about 7 days lately

I tested yesterday. .. way to early but I was compulsive! Lol
Of course it was bfn. I'm 8dpo today. I'm gonna try to hold out til Friday to test again. I've had mild cramps here and there for the last few days, I'm not SS this time around. I didn't notice any symptoms with my first pregnancy so I can't wait to see if I notice symptoms when I finally do get a bfp. I have just had really vivid weird dreams and very restless the last few nights

I got a positive pregnancy test 10 days post ov 4 days before my expected period. I didn't have any symptoms at the time, but I did have sore boobs a little later on.

Well my temp has gone up today. But its also day 4 of spotting and now its started to get heavier. :(
My luteal phase never goes past 9 days. I dont know what to do about it . Does this happen to anyone else?

My chart as of today

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-21-09-11-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-21-09-11-06.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6
Here is a clearer photo of todays charts if that helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-21-18-34-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-21-18-34-45.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Will check my temp tomorrow, but i had bleeding once in the morning. ..nothing all day and then a few drops of reddy/brown blood at around 10pm when going to the bathroom again.

My husband is pretty upset to hear that im not pregnant again and is now thinking its him who is at fault. It feels like its never going to happen :( any advice on what tests to ask a doctor for would be appreciated... or any advice really.

If you only have a 9 day leutal phase then I would suggest definitely speaking to your GP to get your progesterone levels checked.

From what I've read, you wouldn't be able to have a successful pregnancy with such a short leutal phase as your body isn't being given time for your progesterone levels to rise enough

xx

Sorry you're going through this Cherry. I remember seeing a lot of articles on lengthening a short luteal phase naturally with diet and other things and thought I'd pass this one along. https://natural-fertility-info.com/luteal-phase-defect.html.

I also recommend talking with your OB/GYN about your hormone levels.

Id be asking about the possibility of endometriosis aswell because thats how my symptoms began and crept up getting worse and worse x

Hi!

I'm dealing with pretty much the exact same thing!

I expected AF On Sunday, but now Wednesday and just spotting. I have also got negative tests. It sucks, I'm kind of at a loss of what to do too. I also have a short luteal phase, so I feel like if I went to the doctor they would tell me I'm not late. My temps have dropped slightly, but still well above the coverline. I'm going to wait a week and see what happens.

I have no answers, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Also, some more positive encouragement, I pretty much always have 9 day luteal phases, I had a 10 day LP once or twice, but 9 is my norm. I also have 2 kids, conceived completely naturally on the 2nd cycle trying for each, so don't despair. A short luteal phase is not ALWAYS a sentence of infertility. I have heard Bcomplex (B12 specifically) can help lengthen the LP too.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Ive already conceived once. But it took me a year after getting off birth control and i wasnt actually trying at the time. This is the first time i have actually charted my cycles to figure out how my body is working. I guess SOME good news is the past two cycles my luteal phase has gone from spotting on day 3 (period day 7) to spotting day 6 (period day 7) to spotting day 6 (period day 10) ... so they are getting slightly longer each time. I am taking pregnancy vitamins now and will be heading to the doctor this weekend to get more answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"