7month no milk in day lots overnight no sleep help!!!

nimbec

Reaction score
Hi All

Well my little monkey is now a little over 7 months and is a nightmare sleeper he always has been.

He hardly drinks any milk or water in the day 0-1oz he is weaned 3 meals a day (i tried reducing food to inc milk intake doesn't work :( ) He goes to bed 7-7.30pm has a bottle drinks between 1 & 7oz depending on his mood lol then wakes about 11 and usually drains 9oz then wakes again at 2-3.30 more milk 5-9oz then again about 7am 1oz. I might add he is awake inbetween these times too but i wont give him milk as he is in my opinion not hungry.....

I'm absolutely shattered, i've tried co sleeping he sleeps a bit better with me but not great so he's back in the cot when he's unsettled. Ive tried water when he wakes but he is starving so just wont take it just coughs and screams louder.

I'm at a total loss i depseratley need sleep :cry::cry: i'd be happy if he just woke 11am 4am 7am surly this isn't too much to ask?? Also i cant get him drinking in the day its like he's all backwards.....

The only time he sleeps well is 7pm - 11pm and occasionally 11.30pm -1am

Thanks in advance!!!

My DD is EXACTLY the same. Since about 4 months old, she decided daytimes were far too much fun to bother with milk, and she would eat at night instead. I have tried giving her formula in the evenings to fill her up (we breastfeed) - but then she just dropped her first morning feed instead.

Weaning is going terribly - she only eats super smooth baby food (like 4 month plus stuff), baby porridge and will suck on bread. She chucks everything else straight on the floor after one or two gagging mouthfuls then those little jaws lock shut. So we can't fill her up with solids. I just wish we could change AM to PM regarding her milk feeds then we'd be sorted. She is just getting through her 4th tooth too.:sleep:

I dont really have any advice, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :hugs: I have kind of accepted I won't be getting a decent night's sleep anytime soon.
(That said, if anyone has any miracle advice I'd also love to know!:haha:)xxx

Aww hun its a nightmare isnt it :( shattering! Nice to know i'm not alone!! (((hugs))) we struggle with lumps and solids too - only just started to try more chunky stuff but he gags and then wont even try like u say! grrrr bless them.

I love him dearly but im soooo tired lol

I would do the following, it will take a few days but you need to change this around ....

you say: "He goes to bed 7-7.30pm has a bottle drinks between 1 & 7oz depending on his mood lol then wakes about 11 and usually drains 9oz then wakes again at 2-3.30 more milk 5-9oz then again about 7am 1oz. I might add he is awake inbetween these times too but i wont give him milk as he is in my opinion not hungry....."

Day 1
7:30 offer 7 oz but make sure it's been 4 hours since last feed
11:00 offer 9oz
02:00 offer 9oz
07:00 offer 3oz

Day 2
11:00 offer 8oz
02:00 offer 8oz
07:00 offer 4oz

Day 3
11:00 offer 7oz
02:00 offer 7oz
07:00 offer 5oz

by about day 4 increase 7:30 bottle to 8-9oz
keep reducing the 11 and 2 bottles daily by an 0z
keep increasing the 7 morning bottle depending on how much you reduce the 11 and 2 bottles.

and during the day (once you have started reducing the nighttime bottles) try and space out the daytime feeds so they are 4 hours apart so that he is actually hungry by the time he has his bottle

aim for him to then have a bottle at

7:30
11:30
15:30
19:00 - 19:30

and for a while he will probably still need one middle of the night bottle try and give him that bottle at about 2 rather than 11.

Thanks hun, My only problem with that is that i cant have 4hrs before feed because he has 3 meals a day too.....I always offer 9oz in hope he will drink as much as he can. What do u think?

day runs:

6-7am milk
9am breakfast
10.30 milk
12.30 lunch
3.30 bottle (sometimes emptys this one)
5.30 dinner
7.30 milk (7 if he is asking for it!)
11pm milk

Thanks hun, My only problem with that is that i cant have 4hrs before feed because he has 3 meals a day too.....I always offer 9oz in hope he will drink as much as he can. What do u think?

day runs:

6-7am milk
9am breakfast
10.30 milk
12.30 lunch
3.30 bottle (sometimes emptys this one)
5.30 dinner
7.30 milk (7 if he is asking for it!)
11pm milk

ok my LO is also on 3 meals a day

i would then ...

6 - 7 am milk
> 7-8 breakfast
10 - 11 milk
> 1-2 lunch
3 - 4 milk
> 6:30 dinner
7 - 7:30 milk

that's roughly what i do. i would concentrate getting the milk rather than the meals schedule sorted out first because the fact that he is having so much of it at night means he still needs it?

does that make sense?

I'm with you - Thankyou!!! he's definately topsey turvey lol!! :flower:

Uggh I feel your pain! for about a month my LO was not having a bottle in the night he would have 4 x bottles every 4 hours daily and none at night, not he is on special milk which makes him hungrier and he's turned his night and day around.

So last night I started turning things around again I know I am in for a rough couple of nights because he's now got used to the middle of the night bottles again and won't drink much during the day.

good luck!

Harrison is on lactose free milk - i dont think it keeps him full as long! ugh i feel for you - horrid going from sleep to no sleep ((hugs))

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->