7th Natural cycle IVF(w/o meds) and finally BFP!

dovkav123

Reaction score
Hello,
I am starting my natural (spontaneous) IVF cycle treatment in August 2013 In Germany it is called Green fertility. RE will not use any ovary stimulating drugs, only local painkiller during egg retrieval. It is exciting! I'll be happy to share my journey with you!
THis study gave me hope. Many women got preggo in 3rd try.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3169680/
======================
IVF #1 August 19th update

Hi,
Officially I am on the green fertility schedule.
CD11,14-15mm follicle on Monday and HCG trigger shot at 9:30pm that night.
Wednesday egg retrieval at 8:30am
Probably Friday(after 2days) eggy is going to my incubator!

My RE appointment went really well.
During the ultrasound she saw one follicle but she couldn't tell if I still have an egg in it. It could be only a corpus luteus. Dr. saw some fluid and she predicted that it could mean ruptured follicle, O have happened. I told her I felt some activity couple days ago. We took a blood test and it showed that I haven’t O 'ed yet and I don't have my LH surge yet. The timing is perfect so far!

Blood work was perfect.
LH 6.4mlU/ml
Progest .3 ng/ml
Estrogen 166.9pg/ml

Dr. printed a photo of my follicle.

My dh got tested for HIV, and I got tested for HIV, hepatitis C, hepatitis B.
I asked dr. why should we test now? We didn't know if I O'ed or not, at that time. She told me that those tests are valid for half a year. "You'll come back , right?" She really made me think we'll fail this IVF

However, my dr. was really nice.
She was pleasant, smiling a lot..
She answered all my questions.
1. she gave me 10% success, many embryos doesn't grow in the lab, many women don't get them transferred.
2. I'll not get the same dr. during this treatment.
3. My dr. treats IVF the same way like spontaneous conception. She doesn't believe that laying down after transfer will help with implantation. Embryo will not drop, it will swim for 2 days in the womb till implants. She warned us that it is more chances to get intrauterine, tubal pregnancy with IVF.
4. Taking baby aspirin to increase implantation, the study is inconclusive. I'll research more about it and let you know.
5. I should not take preg test at home. One Patient did it and it was false negative. Do the blood work 14 days after O.
6.My husband can be next to me during retrieval and transfer. We can't make the baby naturally, at least he'll be part of it. It is sooo wonderful!
7. Egg Retrieval risks are horrible. Nothing horrible ever happened from 10000...egg retrieval. Dr. knocks on her head 3 times...pfu, pfu pfu.. But My dh is super sensitive he went detail by detail about it with a dr. She told us important arteries are close by, if she punctures, I could bleed. They may need to cut me open and operate. Fertility clinic is in the main hospital, so I am safe and there will be no time wasted to help me. (every operation has risks, hysteroscopy also had risks, I was fine)
8. Resume the same activities like always after transfer. Just avoid running and heavy physical activities. NO restrictions about sex.
9. Flying in the first trimester is not recommended, but everybody does anyway! Radiation concern and overall early preg. symptoms.

I had a huge scare last night about HCG trigger shot.(Ovitrelle 250microgram) 4 pharmacies didn't have it, they offered to order the next day. I was in shock and had tears in my eyes and I felt was so hopeless I needed that night at 9:30pm. The pharmacist told us to go to another city. Fertility clinic (the one I visited last Thursday is close by), it was a big possibility that they had it. And they did indeed! They were open till 10pm. WE were so blessed and so lucky! Big lesson for the future-please prepare in advance to avoid heartache.

When we picked up meds we had 1 hour till the shot. So we decided to go for a drink and relax. WE went to a brewery-restaurant where my dh dad worked when he was young. I had fresh squeezed orange juice and he had a beer. You can't imagine what we saw on the table! 4 glasses cylinder filled up with vinegar and oil. The ones we used in chemistry lessons for experiments. What a sign! The test tube baby will be made in Germany! Probably this week! I had chills! Pleasant once. It meant to be....

We had only 20 min till my shot, so we decided to stay in the city. I did the shot(my first one ever! and I nailed it, I was sooo proud of myself!) in the car with a view of the light up city, river and a castle. We walked for an hour, hugged and kissed. WE can't make our baby naturally at least we'll have some special romantic moments to remember, and the baby will be sooo special too! My dh wants to be involved 100%, he is making movies and taking photos.

Keep fingers crossed for tomorrow, I hope for the healthy and strong eggy!
Thank you for reading!

------------------------------
August 21, 2013 One hour before procedure I put a pill of voltaren 50mg in my rectum. we came to the clinic on time, I had to wait for 0,5 an hour for the procedure. In the room I met Prof. she shook my hand and said nice to meet you. She didn’t remembered me? She did my hysteroscopy a month ago! I asked her if the follicle still grew after HCG shot? She said yes. We signed the paper work and I got on the table. My husband was next to me the entire time. I asked her if you don’t get the egg, will you try again? She said no. Prof. had two helpers. The nurse opened the package and took out the longest needle I have ever seen. Prof. wiped my vagina in and out with a salt water and looked at my follicle. She didn’t measure it. She told me it doesn’t matter. I wanted to know, how big it was during retrieval. Prof. poked the needle and sucked the follicle’s fluid. I saw everything on the screen. I felt pain only when the needle pierced my skin. She poured the fluid in the cylinder tube glass and brought to another room to look at the egg. She came back with a bad news, no egg is found. She will try again if I want to. I agreed she sucked more fluid from the follicle and the second time she had no luck. Prof, explained to us that it could be an empty follicle, some women have it once in a while. Or an egg is still stuck to the wall of the follicle and is going to leave it any minute. Maybe the egg left with a first time needle withdrawal.? we'll never now.She asked about my tubes. Are they open?. I told her we don’t know, they may. I had a pelvic surgery, we blame the tubes for infertility. If my tubes are open but they are not functioning, we may have a tubal preg. Sperm has easy ride to the tubes aftetr IUi. Dr. suggested to do IUI and we agreed.
My dh had to collect his sperm, we went to a special room for that. I helped him We want to be involved 100!% in this project! We had to wait for 1 hour for sperm to be ready to inseminate. WE were sitting in the waiting room and I felt little nausea and suddenly, dizzy, I saw lights flashing in front of my eyes. I told to Gary I am dizzy, I am dizzy, ask for help! He ran to the right knocked at the doors, nobody opened. He went to the left and receptionist Marla, lab technician and dr. All ran to me and they found me laying on the floor. I laid down by myself because I knew it will help me. Dr. checked my blood pressure it was 90/40. Marla held my legs up in the air. The girls put me in bed, covered with a sheet, because I was shivering. Everybody were so nice to me I'll never forget how nurse cuddled me in the blanket.Dr. had a hard time putting IV in my arm, because my veins collapsed. Gary demanded for an ultrasound, he was worried about the internal bleeding. I was fine. Dr. calmed us down, it couldn’t be infection, it is too early. She said that vagus nerve over responded to the peritoneal area fluid leakage. Dr. rolled me to another room for recovery. After egg aspiration through the vaginal wall, I had low abdominal cramps just for an hour. Gary’s sperm was ready for insemination. His sperm morphology was fine but motility was little low. 28% and suppose to be 32%. Dr. made sure that it was Gary’s sperm and she made sure that it was me laying on the table. During this procedure, I didn’t feel pain at all. I only felt uncomfortable when Dr. put tool to open my cervix.
Dr. orders was to BD that night because sperm has peptides that helps with firtilisation.

After HCG shot my egg suppose to mature more. The flollicle grows about 2mm a day. So on Monday morning it was 16mm. On Wednesday morning probably 20mm. In the past I had a 20mm follicle and I felt my O that night. I beleave that the timing was perfect.
I am on progesteron now. I take 2 pills (200mg) in the evening.
I have a tiny hope with a huge help of magic. We did 2 things different this month IUI and progesteron.

Thank you for reading.

=======
September 2nd update
BFN this morning 12dpo.
My temps are down too. I am taking progesterone. I beleave they should stay high with this hormone. I never had any side effects, maybe I am not responding well to it?
I want to quit it and wait for my period. I hope we are staying couple more months in Germany. I would do 2 more natural cycle IVF and then I'll convince my Dh for a standart one.
My blood test is due on Wednesday. I don't think I should do it. No egg, no embryo...This cycle is hopless.
I'll test again till then.
=============
CD25, BFN,Sept 2nd
CD26, BFN, Sept 3rd
CD28, BFN, Sept 5th

CD25, I took only one progesterone
CD26, I quit
My AF showed up 3days later
========
IVF NR.2SEPTEMBER 13th, Friday 11am

Update from a visit to RE
CD8,We found beautiful round follicle 18mm on my left side(last month was on the right). :happydance:

Blood tests were great. My LH hasn't spyked yet. :happydance:
HCG trigger shot on Saturday 11pm:happydance:
Egg retrieval on Monday at 10am.:happydance:
My blood tests were perfect
LH 3.7 mlU/ml
Estrogen 153.7pg/ml(150-200 mature follicle)
progesterone .5 ng/ml

SEPTEMBER 16TH
Egg is retrieved. Procedure went well. I felt pain only when the dr. pull out the needle. Not a big deal. After that, no pain at all!

SEPTEMBER 17TH
Egg is fertilised

SEPTEMBER 19TH
Embryo 8A is transfered.

It takes 2 days to implant in my uterus.
SEPTEMBER 30TH
Beta-valio!valio!valio! Hooray!

I am not alone anymore! September 19th
Embryo transfer was a little bit complicated dr. couldn't get into my cervix to my womb with a catheter, she let this perform to another dr. and she did it but my hubby saw she had to push an emby in. I read in literature, that when cervix gets triggered too much, oxytoxin hormone gets elevated and that increases uterine contractions. No good.
We saw a photo of embryo 8cell A grade 3 days old. He is perfect!
WE saw a follicle first last week, today an embryo. We are so blessed to experience live growing. A reward for all dark days and dissapoinments.
Sept 30th is a blood test.
Dr. orders: no baths and sex for 4 days, no heavy lifting and exercise. Stay warm and rest.
2 years of infirtility, pages of BBT, $$ spent on preg tests, 3 times needle pokes through vaginal wall.
I asked all my closest friends and relatives to pray and ask God for blessings. My grandma went to church, I prayed every day. I Thanked God for giving us a chance to be parents.

Don't give up! Don't ever give up. Don't you ever ever give up!

SYMPTOMS CHECKER: temps went up after transfer
1.CD14 transfer day-pain on the right ovary, cramping, headache.
2. CD15 1dpt less cramping, headache, ovary pain, needle feeling on the uterus for a few seconds.
3. CD16 2dpt urine cramp, uterine contractions
4. CD17
5 CD18 stressed out
6 CD19 breast tingle, nausea after breakfast
7. CD20 stressed out, tired all day, nausea breakfast and pm
8.CD21 uterine contraction, breast tingle
9. CD22 , stuffy nose, uterine contractions, dizzy pm, bad sleep,BFN
10. CD23 stuffy nose, migraine
11. CD24 tired, stuffy nose,
12. CD25 blood test negative, cried, depressed
13. CD26
14. CD27

SECOND IVF SUMMARY
Sept 14th HCG trigger at 11pm, Egg retrieved on Monday Sept 16th, ET(8A) Sept19th, Beta on 30th of September BFN.

IVF nr3
OCTOBER3rd

First day of the period was the hardest. It was real. I felt empty, lonely and heartbroken. We lit the candle for those tiny cells, tiny embryo in the church. It had genetic code, features and character, boy or girl it was there... It tuned to an angel and we'll meet him in heaven.

CD1 Heavy(heating pad) 1 maca
CD2 medium(heating pad) 2 maca
CD3 light (heating pad) 2maca
CD4 light (heating pad) 2 maca
CD5 light(heating pad) 2 maca, egwcm
CD6 spotting 4maca, egwcm
CD7 spotting red 4maca, egwcm
CD8 spotting br. 16mm follicle, 8mm uterine lining 2maca,egwcm,

LH 4.7 U/I
estrogen 135.8 pg/ml

CD9 spot with wipe, headache all day 2 maca,egcm
CD10 -OPK, -OPK,HCG shot 9:15pm, egwcm thicker 4maca
CD11 BFP, 2maca, wet, egwcm with drop of blood
CD12 Egg retrieval successful!
The retrieval was a little painful this time. I don't like when dr. tells "now we'll begin" I get stressed out because of those words. I felt my ovary moved and it did hurt. Dr. told me that a follicle was on the other side of the ovary, so she had to go accross it to reach a follicle. She said we can't tell an ovary where to grow a follicle:). You suppose to laugh, but it's not funny:( No blood was lost. That's a good. We stayed in the hospital for an hour. I felt some pain so I wanted to wait, I didn't want to pass out again. I had 3 cups of water and in an hour I was feeling great ,we went home.
CD13 An egg is fertilised. Sarting 600mg progesterone today.

3rd IVF summary
Natural cycle IVF: Ultrasound on Thursday 16mm follicle, Sat. HCG at 9:15pm, Monday ER on 8:15am, transfer Wednesday at 10am.
Wishes ffom friends:
That is great news. I am so happy for you. I know it's such a feeling of wonder when you realize that you finally have your fertilized egg living thing inside you. Wishing you lots of healthy growth and that your little miracle makes itself comfortable in there. I'm sure it feels your love. Happy 2ww! It's so hard to be patient when you've been patient so long but I am hoping and praying for strong little embies for us both.

Lots of BFP news to come on this thread I hope! Yay!!
NOVEMBER
4th IVFChange the clinic and very happy about this decision. My new RE told me I have a flexed uterus, the end of it is leaning towards the bladder. Maybe that's why I have cramping during urinate after ovulation.
CD8 U/S R ovary 16mm
CD11 HcG 11pm
CD13 egg retrieval
CD 14 3 pronucleus

This cycle failed. We don't know why. Maybe Sperm or ovary had chromosomal problems.

5th IVF DECEMBERCD8 R ovary 18mm, 9.3mm uterine lining
CD9 HCG trigger 12:30am
CD11 ER. no painkillers. New dr. didn't want my hubby in OP, but I convinced her he must be with me.
CD12 fertilised
CD13 transfered 4B cell embryo. It went very smooth. Feel confident my RE did a good job. I saw a catheter and a little bubble on the U/S. After ET I felt some cervical activity.
CD14 more cervical, uterine activity. Brevactid shot 1500IE in the evening.
CD15
CD16 Brevactid shot 1500 ie, headache
CD17 cramping pm
cd18 cramping pm
cd19 Brevactid shot 1500ie cramping
cd25 af cramps
cd26 bad migraine pm
cd27 bfn
cd29bfn spotting
cd30 spotting still on progesterone
cd31 spotting
cd32 red, AF started

I feel like doing nothing on January. Feeling hopeless///....
I feel like checking my uterus for abnormalities with saline ultrasound and flushing my tubes.
I feel like BD on my O day and take progesterone after. Hope for miracle...

6th IVF JANUARY
on CD 10 we came to the office to talk about failed IVF and we found 20mm follicle. Trying again.
WE retrived and egg, but it didn't fertilise correctly(3 pronucleous).
RE is positive we havn't met a healthy embryo yet.
My plan is to rest for 3 month, recharge our batteries, enjoy more sunshine and try again in Spring. Hopefully we'll have stimulated IVF in USA.

IUI in February
open tubes contrast ultrasound revealed
CD7 12mm follicle and tubes are checked
CD11 L 13.6 R 14.6 lining 7.2
CD13 L13.6 R 16mm
CD15 L13.6 R 19.6
CD16 L13.6 R 20.6 , uterine lining 14mm, IUI 12mil sperms are swimming in me:)
waiting for O pain and temp raise and than start progesterone (CD19 dr. told me to start)

I have Ovulated:
1. In the morning my temp was very low 36.3.
2. My follicle was 20.6mm during IUI at 12pm. Mature follicle any time will burst.
BD'ed hour later no pain. Feeling wet firtile mucous.
3. In the evening I got O pain. 9:30pm
4. In the morning my temp went up 36.6 and stayed high....
5. That day we BD'ed in the evening I had O pain, was very uncomfortable

Conclusion:
I had IUI before my O. My egg started to burst from the ovary that evening. The temp went up next morning. I Ovulated. The pain I had during BD that evening was the fluid irritating my pelvis cos of the bursted follicle.
I beleave the sperm met an egg. Hope and pray>
Febr 27th
I am CD 35, I am 19dpiui, my Luteal fase is never ever longer than 16-17 days. I quit progest. 4 days ago. I am so scared that it may be a big mistake!
I had long cycle before, but I o'ed late.
This cycle too I o'ed late on day CD16.
I had HSG done last month, could this mess up my cycle?
I had a second follicle growing. Maybe it turned to a cyst?
I had my worst PMS ever 2 days ago. My hubby blames progesterone. WE had a big fight and slept in separate rooms.
He hasn't drank for 4 days a drop, and I am hormonal. We both are crazy.....
WE canceled IVF lab on Tuesday. First time ever!!! WE didn't deliver sperm for DNA.
I canceled my hair stylist...No color for my hair this week.
I don't have a test at home:(
I'll save my morning urine in the fridge and test later.
I am really freaking out.
I can't beleave this happening to me!
BFN IUI#1

MARCH IUI#2
BFN

April IVF #7 :bfp::bfp: at 14dpo home test
Beta at 16dpo 521

-------------------
due date 3day transfer

Estimated Due Date is 12/29/2014
Gestational Age Today is 4 week(s), 3 day(s) or 1.02 month(s) months.
Date of Conception 4/7/2014
First Fetal Heart Tones by Doppler: 6/9/2014 to 6/16/2014 (11 to 12 w)
End First Trimester: 6/23/2014
Blood Draw for Serum Integrated Screening: 6/2/2014 to 6/29/2014 (10 w to 13 w 6d )
Nuchal Translucency (NT) Ultrasound: 6/11/2014 to 7/2/2014 (11w 2d to 14 w 2d )
Quad Marker Screening: 7/7/2014 to 8/11/2014 (15 w to 20 w)
Best time to evaluate cervical length in patient with risk factors . After :7/14/2014 (16 w)
Best time for routine anatomy ultrasound: 7/28/2014 to 8/11/2014 (18 to 20 w)
2h OGTT in women not previously diagnosed with diabetes: 9/8/2014 to 10/6/2014 (24 w to 28 w)
Anti-D prophylaxis for women who are (RhD) Negative: 10/6/2014 (28 w)
Antepartum Fetal Surveillance in High Risk Patients: 11/3/2014 to 11/17/2014 (32 to 34 w)
Screening for Vaginal and Rectal GBS colonization: 11/24/2014 to 12/8/2014 ( 35 to 37 w)
Elective Delivery May Be Scheduled for Singletons After : 12/22/2014 (39 w)

==============================================
Things I did new this BFP cycle

1. No castor oil packs this cycle
2. we did assisted embryo hatching
3. we BD'ed before ET and after ET (w/o orgasm)
4. I walked slowly but long after ET, staying active always, no bed rest
5. aspirin 100mg enteric coated started after ER, quit a day for ET(procedure could cause bleeding) and now I am taking it every evening with food and water
6. I ate lots of fish. I am taking 3g fish oil a day
7. 1000mg green tea extract with vitC after ET till BFP. (reduces inflammation responce)
8. Black carraway oil 20 drops a day. now I slow down to 3 drops
9. spoonfull avocado oil
10. pinapple and pinapple core after ET till BFP
11 increased vit D from 2000iu to 3000iu a day
12. iron 100mg a day, quit after BFP
13. Green chlorella increased from 1 pill to 3 pills a day
14. Probiotics one pill a day from ET til BFP
15 Sandorn and lemon juice
16. dandelion salat
17. alfa alfa and sweet peas sprouts
18. layed down 30min after ET
19. eating dried plums and abricots
20. ginger root tea, clove, and cinammon
21. water soaked walnuts and brasil nuts
22. I have used organic menstrual pads for 2 months.
23. banana a day(aspirin can thin my intestines and banana thickens them)
24. spicy food , hot peppers in 2ww

I did a lot. I'll never know what helped us this

You can check out my youtube TTC and pregnancy videos at dovkav

Hello there,

Nice to read your post. Green treatment sounds exciting. I will too be starting my IVF treatment (although not natural), in August. It will be great to hear more on your progress.

Good luck and best wishes.

Hi there, can I join? I am hoping to start my natural cycle IVF at CREATE in London soon maybe even next cycle. I am having my initial consultation and a scan later this week.

unfortunately the NHS refused us funding for a traditional IVF because my FSH is too high so we are going private. the FS at CREATe said with my high FSH and low AMH we can only do natural cycle (i.e. without ovarian stimulation) but the chances are not great as it's just one egg per cycle.

dovkav, where about in Germany are you? can i ask how much do you pay for your natural cycle?

Sunshine8,
Thank you for joining me. I wish you lots of luck and peace of mind during your IVF cycle!

Briss,
I am so sad that NHS doesn't help you.
I am happy you found me! I am so excited that now I have a buddy, who goes through the same adventure!
Natural firtility costs 425.70 euros.
I called today and the office told some details:
You still need to pay 200 euros if RE will not find an egg during retreaval.
I am in South Germany.
What is your AMH?

Lil managed to raise her AMH from .89 to 1.5. She got preggo naturally.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/l...journey-ella-ttc-1-27-cycles-counting-32.html

I will make an appointment when my period starts, around August 8.

Briss, your chart looks amazing! Go girl!

Advantages of natural cycle IVF
Natural or modified natural cycle IVF can have certain benefits compared to drug stimulated IVF treatment

ADVANTAGES OF NATURAL IVF CYCLE

•Reduced cost per cycle, as you will use no or very few medications. The IVF cycle also has a lower cost as there is less work to do in the laboratory for 1 egg than for many eggs
•The short and possible risk of long term side effects from drugs are minimised
•Treatment can be repeated every month without waiting for 2-3 months between treatment cycles as is the usual practice for stimulated cycles
•The risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) is practically eliminated
•There is some evidence suggesting that stimulating the ovaries could have a negative impact onthe endometrium (uterine lining) affecting success rates
•There is some evidence suggesting that the embryos produced during a natural cycle or mild stimulation IVF are more likely to be genetically normal (i.e. have normal chromosomes) and therefore more likely to produce an ongoing pregnancy

There are some potential disadvantages of using natural cycles

•Lower pregnancy rate when compared directly with stimulated IVF cycles.
•During Natural Cycle IVF, the monitoring can be time consuming and we could ask you to come to the clinic at short notice
•There are usually no surplus embryos to be frozen
•As we do not have much control over your cycle, the chance that unexpected events may happen is higher, and therefore there is a higher chance of failing to achieve an embryo. That means that during Natural IVF treatment the chance of having an embryo to transfer in the womb ranges from 50% to 70%, with multiple attempts possibly required.

OMG!! 425 euros per a natural IVF cycle??? is this really true? if so I am packing my bags and moving to Germany! at CREATE it's between 2,500 – 5,000 British pounds per cycle (https://www.createhealth.org/treatment-prices) and also you are supposed to pay everything up front and no refund if cycle is cancelled due to no egg/poor egg quality etc. We will probably have to pay a bit more for ICSI due to sperm issues.

My AMH is 1.38. although I did the test aboard as it was much cheaper and the reference was 1-10, anything below 1 is considered menopause… so I am very close. although I did not do the test on day 3, maybe it's not that accurate after all (clutching to straws here)

we've been trying naturally for 3 years and I made dramatic changes to my lifestyle and the last year did TCM acu + herbs but my FSH keeps rising despite all my efforts. we also have low sperm count - our main issue so after 3 years I do not hold any hope for a natural conception

I am little bit scared about tomorrow's scan and appointment, FSs never tell me good news and every time I go I am told something much worse than I can ever anticipate so I am just simply frightened

I am also very happy to share this journey with you, so great to have a buddy!

I am taking some comfort from this article that an IVf child will not necessarily have fertility issues… https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-baby-Louise-Brown-pregnant-second-child.html

OMG!! 425 euros per a natural IVF cycle??? is this really true? if so I am packing my bags and moving to Germany! at CREATE it's between 2,500 – 5,000 British pounds per cycle (https://www.createhealth.org/treatment-prices) and also you are supposed to pay everything up front and no refund if cycle is cancelled due to no egg/poor egg quality etc. We will probably have to pay a bit more for ICSI due to sperm issues.

My AMH is 1.38. although I did the test aboard as it was much cheaper and the reference was 1-10, anything below 1 is considered menopause… so I am very close. although I did not do the test on day 3, maybe it's not that accurate after all (clutching to straws here)

we've been trying naturally for 3 years and I made dramatic changes to my lifestyle and the last year did TCM acu + herbs but my FSH keeps rising despite all my efforts. we also have low sperm count - our main issue so after 3 years I do not hold any hope for a natural conception

I am little bit scared about tomorrow's scan and appointment, FSs never tell me good news and every time I go I am told something much worse than I can ever anticipate so I am just simply frightened

I am also very happy to share this journey with you, so great to have a buddy!

Yes it is truth! Germany Rocks! I have this price on paper black and white!
Mine AMH is 1.29 is lower than yours. One dr. told me it is low and the other one it is OK. In USA standarts anything under 1 is concerning.
Ask your dr. to take Day 3 blood tests. FSH number is very important on this day. AMH can be taken anytime of the cycle. On the CD25 you also take estrogen and progesteron tests, dr learns if you ovulated. During ultrasound ask dr. to count the follicles he sees on each ovary. 8 follicles on each ovary is good!
Before O dr. looked at the size of my follicle. He guessed when I O'ed and he was right.
You have chances and don't give up! You take lots of wonderful supplements, they will help. Please take a willow bark extract 81 mg(it is aspirin), but natural and doesn't hurt your stomach. Every woman after 35 should take it. I learned on internet and my friend's dr. prescribed it to her. It make sense. It is a bloodthinner more blood circulating in uterus and ovaries.
Don't be scared tomorrow. More knowledge is better. Every day is a better day and stayhopefull.
Thank you for the article about Louise Brown, i was wondering how she looks, oh boy, she was a brave woman!
She did inspired me to do a natural IVF cycle.

Come to Germany! Have a vacation! Maybe in 10 days natural IVF could be done here.

German natural cycle IVF prices rock!!! UK prices sucks, I could do 5-6 IVFs in Germany for the price of one in the UK. definitely something to think about. I have this price on paper black and white!

I did my FSH on CD3 so unfortunately there is no denying that's super high. I also heard that AMH can be taken anytime of the cycle but the clink where I did this test wanted it to be done on CD3, I ws abroad on holiday and I just lied about my CD because I thought it does not make any difference. but now once I got really bad result I am thin king maybe I should have done on CD3 as they asked?

I did numerous oestrogen and progesterone tests and all came back normal. My only problem is FSH.

I did cycle monitoring several times and I remember asking about the number of follicles she sees on each ovary but she just said "reasonable amount", no idea how many that is.

where do you buy willow bark extract? I am on Chinese herbs at the moment (raw herbs that I am supposed to cook every day), trying to finish it off before we start IVf as the doc was very against Chinese herbs during treatment. the herbs really helped with clots, I have none which sort of means my blood circulation improved.

my good friend recently moved from London to Berlin and I was visiting her in June. Unfortunately we were so busy catching up with our lives that I did not get to seem much of the city. maybe next time.

German natural cycle IVF prices rock!!! UK prices sucks, I could do 5-6 IVFs in Germany for the price of one in the UK. definitely something to think about. I have this price on paper black and white!

I did my FSH on CD3 so unfortunately there is no denying that's super high. I also heard that AMH can be taken anytime of the cycle but the clink where I did this test wanted it to be done on CD3, I ws abroad on holiday and I just lied about my CD because I thought it does not make any difference. but now once I got really bad result I am thin king maybe I should have done on CD3 as they asked?

I did numerous oestrogen and progesterone tests and all came back normal. My only problem is FSH.

I did cycle monitoring several times and I remember asking about the number of follicles she sees on each ovary but she just said "reasonable amount", no idea how many that is.

where do you buy willow bark extract? I am on Chinese herbs at the moment (raw herbs that I am supposed to cook every day), trying to finish it off before we start IVf as the doc was very against Chinese herbs during treatment. the herbs really helped with clots, I have none which sort of means my blood circulation improved.

my good friend recently moved from London to Berlin and I was visiting her in June. Unfortunately we were so busy catching up with our lives that I did not get to seem much of the city. maybe next time.

Definetly retest your FSH. You'll get a low number and you'll qualify to traditinal IvF
here the list of the tests for day3
LH 5.9 mlu/ml

FSH 5.0 mlu/ml

Oestrogen 56 pg/ml

Progesteron 0.4 ng/ml
AMH 1.29 ng/ml

Prolactin 306mlu/l

TSH 1.99

FSH 5.0 mlu/ml

Testosteron

In my clinic, if O will be in the weekend, they will postpone to another cycle.
Isn't that crazy, I am so saaaad !

blood stasis-I read about it.
I am so glad you improving your period. What are the names of those herbs?
I really like to use the herbs that our ansestors used, the herbs that grew in their garden. I beleave my body will respond better.
But I am willing to try new herbs too.

Willow bark in latin is salix alba. I don't know trusting internet site to buy it. I will go to the pharmacy and ask about it. I bought in USA Feverfwer head aid those pills had feverfew leaf extract,chinese herbs and willow bark in it. (schizonepeta aerial, notopterygium root, green tea leaf, licorice rot, liguisticum wallichii rhizome, pubescent angelica rot, siler root, cyperus rhizome, ginger root.)They helped me with PmS mgraines. Feverfew flowers grows in Eastern Europe and they may help wih menstrual periods, joint pain.

I hope your appoinment went well.

In my clinic they work 7 days a week so luckily ovulating on weekend is not a problem.

herbs are quite tricky, they are very potent and can easily do more harm than good if taken wrongly. I get a prescription form a Chinese doctor. I am sure you have Chinese acu clinics nearby, they would need to examine you to identify what your excesses/deficiencies are and then prescribe the appropriate herbal formula.

am off to my appointment, scary!

Reporting back on my initial consultation and scan.

my antral follicle count was 9 (7 on the left ovary and 2 on the right), one doc said it corresponded to my low AMH levels and at my age they would expect at least 5 more follicles but Dr was of the opinion that the count is too good for my AMH and she suspects that this is empty follicles caused by Chinese herbs so she did not think it was representative. quite depressingly she said my AMh of smb who is 42-43 years old…

Bad news I now got cysts on both ovaries, even a professor was called in during the scan to try and identify whether we've a got a problem here. basically, the scary part is that I need to do CA 125 blood test to check for ovarian cancer!!! the right cyst seemed OK as there was no blood flow to it but the left one unfortunately had some blood flow (but hopefully this is because I ovulated from left ovary as they could see the corpus luteum) also, it might be tricky to do egg retrieval as they will have to maneuver the needle to try not to puncture the cyst.

the good news I have excellent blood flow to my uterus! actually might be thanks to Chinese herbs. also excellent lining.

based on the scan Dr thought we might get away with mild stimulation i.e. modified cycle IVF and she hopes we can get 2 eggs.

Mild stimulation IVF cost: up to £4,200

IVF: 2550
sedation: 230
hfea fee: 75
icsi 870
blood test: 75-150
menopur 120-150
cetrotide 105-140
ovitrelle 15-30

at the end she said that based on what she knows about us she would give us 25% chance of getting a BFP after one cycle and 10-16% chance of taking a baby home.

Reporting back on my initial consultation and scan.

my antral follicle count was 9 (7 on the left ovary and 2 on the right), one doc said it corresponded to my low AMH levels and at my age they would expect at least 5 more follicles but Dr was of the opinion that the count is too good for my AMH and she suspects that this is empty follicles caused by Chinese herbs so she did not think it was representative. quite depressingly she said my AMh of smb who is 42-43 years old…

Bad news I now got cysts on both ovaries, even a professor was called in during the scan to try and identify whether we've a got a problem here. basically, the scary part is that I need to do CA 125 blood test to check for ovarian cancer!!! the right cyst seemed OK as there was no blood flow to it but the left one unfortunately had some blood flow (but hopefully this is because I ovulated from left ovary as they could see the corpus luteum) also, it might be tricky to do egg retrieval as they will have to maneuver the needle to try not to puncture the cyst.

the good news I have excellent blood flow to my uterus! actually might be thanks to Chinese herbs. also excellent lining.

based on the scan Dr thought we might get away with mild stimulation i.e. modified cycle IVF and she hopes we can get 2 eggs.

Mild stimulation IVF cost: up to £4,200

IVF: 2550
sedation: 230
hfea fee: 75
icsi 870
blood test: 75-150
menopur 120-150
cetrotide 105-140
ovitrelle 15-30

at the end she said that based on what she knows about us she would give us 25% chance of getting a BFP after one cycle and 10-16% chance of taking a baby home.

Your dr. is so heartless to tell that your ovaries are 40 y/o woman. He is so mean to you:growlmad:
I am so sorry about your cysts. Don't panic, they come and go....
You should not get any firtility meds till cysts are gone. My friend was on birth control for a couple of weeks and she got rid of them.
Do you have a family history of hormonal cancers: Breast, uterus, cirvical?
I feel for you! I was also upset about my positive PAP smear. They found ovegrowth of some cells. The hardest thing was, I had to wait for a gynecol. appointment for a month. My body healed on my own and now I have no problems.
PCOS, do you have any symptoms?

:thumbup:for chinese herbs!

10-16% is good, any number is good, because with natural preg you have o% chance. I am very happy about your mini IVF or micro IVF( in US they call that).
How about your FSH?

I am going to another RE on 15th of August. I made an appointment 1,5 month ago and never canceled. It is always good to have another option! I have free consultation and they do real bussiness. :happydance:They are open 10 hour a day and perform IVF in the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend! Thank you for your update.

the professor who was looking at my cysts said they are likely to stay. I used to have those that come and go but it appears that these are different type of cysts. the one on the right has been there for almost 2 years now. the one on the left is relatively new. That's the thing they suggest to proceed despite the cysts and still they want to give me stimulating meds. I am so worried. I have a family history of ovarian cancer unfortunately so you can understand my concern. I know that with modified natural IVf there wont be injections so the doses of med are not as high but still.

definitely no PCOS, my antral follicle count was only 9. my FSH is very high, this cycle it was 19.

I think we may still have chances getting pregnant naturally and if I was younger I would continue TTC but approaching 40 makes me worried and I want more than one child so we really need to start moving things alone.

let me know how your RE goes?

the professor who was looking at my cysts said they are likely to stay. I used to have those that come and go but it appears that these are different type of cysts. the one on the right has been there for almost 2 years now. the one on the left is relatively new. That's the thing they suggest to proceed despite the cysts and still they want to give me stimulating meds. I am so worried. I have a family history of ovarian cancer unfortunately so you can understand my concern. I know that with modified natural IVf there wont be injections so the doses of med are not as high but still.

definitely no PCOS, my antral follicle count was only 9. my FSH is very high, this cycle it was 19.

I think we may still have chances getting pregnant naturally and if I was younger I would continue TTC but approaching 40 makes me worried and I want more than one child so we really need to start moving things alone.

let me know how your RE goes?

You're in my thoughts and I am sending you lots of hugs and kisses.

ICEQUEEN on babyand bump got Bfp yesterday. She TTC since 01/01/2012. I beleave it is a natural one, a very patient one!
"Don't give up 5 min before your miracle" ICEQUEEN

dovkav, very nice and steady after O temp, beautiful chart! fingers crossed you wont need IVF.

I am reading Zita West's book on preparing for IVF, it's very good lots of info and advice from observing failed cycles and what you can do to minimise your risks and improve your chances.

Hugs, Briss. I know it hurts. Stay strong and beleave in yourself.

I have 6 days to go till my AF. Then I'll call for an appointment for an ultrasound. If my RE will prognose my O in the weekend, and she'll ask me to come next cycle:(, (the office is closed in the weekend) I'll talk to my new RE on the 15th of August, she may squeeze me in for IVF.
My mom and my sister will visit me in a week, I'll test than.

dovkav, thank you! your temp looks very promising!! fingers crossed!

afm, CD2 so quite depressed at the moment, am due to do a few blood tests this week. I also decided to try to seek an independent opinion obout my left cyst, ideally smb who understands ovarian cancer and can tell me whether I have anything to worry about in going through with stimulation so I guess we will have to put IVf off until the next cycle.

dovkav, thank you! your temp looks very promising!! fingers crossed!

afm, CD2 so quite depressed at the moment, am due to do a few blood tests this week. I also decided to try to seek an independent opinion obout my left cyst, ideally smb who understands ovarian cancer and can tell me whether I have anything to worry about in going through with stimulation so I guess we will have to put IVf off until the next cycle.

Thinking of you. Did you get any blood tests done?
Very smart action! You should get another specialist opinion.
I am 2 days till testing. I have no symptoms, just moody.

Hello,
How are you Briss? Did you get second opinion? You are in 2ww, good luck and baby dust!

My family left and now I am back to my daily life. Baby making worries are on!
WE went to a new RE and she told us about mucous and sperm interaction. Hormonal problems may make it hostile to sperm. Or sperm can cause problems to mucous. She can see in the lab if the sperm is alive in my mucous. I t cost 100 euro for this test. My Dh always wanted this test.

She also checked my June CD25 hormone test and she noticed they were little low. (prev dr. told me they were good). Some women get preg. with levels like that. Maybe I am the sensitive one? Spotting before and after period could be the sign of hormonal problems. Now I am worry about natural IVF cycle success.
Dr. told us about my DH age and sperm DNA. He may have problems too.

My new RE was not worried about my AMH, but other dr. told me it was low.

Dr. is very much against transfering 2 embryos, because of multiple high risk. She told us that human body is build to carry one baby. I dissagree, why do we have two ovaries and two tubes?

I asked if firtility drugs can cause cancer later on in life. It is not known. Many other things can influence cancer cells to grow.

She told us that stress should not be a problem to conceive. if you BD 3 times a week, you're doing good.

I didn't like that she didn't study my med history very well. She didn't know about my hysteroscopy and I had to remind her about my ruptured appendix.

IVF price in her office is 3times higher than in the other clinic. My dr.and 3 other RE does 100 natural and 900 stimulated cycles a year.
I made an appoinment on Monday for an ultrasound and blood tests in the cheaper clinic. WE are taking a chance and doing a natural cycle IVF this month!

dovkav, this is so exciting that you are doing natural cycle IVF this month!! I cant wait to hear about the process and hopefully about your BFP at the end.

I think it's great that you are doing this test to check how your Dh's sperm survives in your CM. I never had that test cos it's just not among the usual tests that you are supposed to do over here unfortunately. although if you do IUi then your CM does not really matter. I do all sort of things to improve my CM and cultivate EWCM but some cycles I only get it for one day when I actually ovulate. using pre-seed can help if there are any issues with CM.

Do you have numbers for your June blood test?

I agree with you that transferring 2 embryos is probably best but I also agree with your doc that the human body is build to carry one baby. twins (when TTC naturally) is usually a glitch in the system. you have 2 ovaries so one can rest while the other is producing the egg (I think). but at this stage and considering my age I would settle for twins so I could have a family

I went to a specialist and he asked me to do lots of blood test. Unfortunately one of my cancer tests came positive. it can be a false positive but needs to be investigated. I was supposed to do MRI scan today but had to re-schedule cos in TWW. my doc told me it was OK to do it even if pregnant but apparently not. When I mentioned at the hospital that I am TTC and post O so might be pregnant I was told to take a pregnancy test to confirm I am not pregnant because they simply wont do MRI if it comes back positive. although I told them I tested in the morning and it was negative but I am only 6 DPO and I was told that in this case it's up to me whether I was to take this risk. Obviously I rescheduled my MRi to a later date once I get my period because if I turn out to be pregnant the last thing you want is to worry how MRI may affect the pregnancy. better safe than sorry. also, I just thought if the hospital would not do the test without specifically saying what the risks are it just means that there are some potential risks but they are not yet official but the mere fact they want to protect themselves from such liability by not doing the scan in the first 12 weeks should be considered as a confirmation that it is not safe. A bit annoying cos it probably means we wont be able to start IVF next cycle but on the other hand I was always told that it's best to look at cysts before O cos after O there may be all sorts of things coming out that will not provide an accurate picture of how things are (same for breast examination, it's only done up to CD10). Also judging by the sensitivity of my ovary I think the cyst might have increased but it may as well disappear the next cycle. so basically it's more waiting around for me. looks like I might not be able to do IVF next cycle as I really want to get all clear from the cancer doc before proceeding with IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->