7weeks pregnant but measuring small

_kate_

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently 7weeks and 2 days pregnant. We had our 7 week scan on Wednesday. We saw a heartbeat but baby was measuring 4.1mm. The doctor said really it should me measuring about 9mm, so we have another scan next Wednesday.
Anyone had a similar thing happen to them? I'm worried sick and need some encouragement!
Thanks

Hello :hi:

I had to do in for a scan this week as I had spotting. Luckily everything is fine at the moment but I was measuring 6+2 not 7/. I know I am 7weeks as I know exactly when I ovulated. He just said 'take it with a pinch of salt at this stage'

I don't know what 6+2 would be in terms of mm but I think when its early like that there is quite a margin of error.

Don't know if that helps but I hope it does

Hev :hugs:

Hi there, I had an emergency scan at 7 weeks which put me at 4.9mm CRL. However, they are often out and aren't very accurate. Baby at this point can also be curled up or in a funny position which makes it difficult to get an accurate reading.

I had my 12 week scan just over a week ago and baby was progressing perfectly. So hopefully it'll be the same for you too :)

How stressful - Lots of hugs :hugs::hugs: I hope all is well at the next scan.
It could easily be a situation where it's difficult to read and next week will be measuring closer to the target length. Did they measure the HR?

Sending good thoughts your way. Also 7 weeks here. Couldn't get in for first my scan until 9/5. With my son, the doctor thought there was a problem with his kidneys (measurement via ultrasound.) Turns out nothing was wrong... it's not a perfect technology.

Hi ladies,
Sorry it's taken a few days to reply to your messages.
Thank you soooo much for your kind words. It has definitely made me feel better. Lets hope you are all right and baby is curled up or lying a funny way.
Doctor didn't say how fast the heartbeat was, just said that it was strong. Also, I am pregnant thanks to ivf! So we don't have an ovulation date or anything, just got told when I had blood tests done two weeks after embryo transfer that I was 4 weeks pregnant.
Ive got everything crossed that next weeks scan will go well. I really should stop using google, have filled my head with all sorts!!
I just want the next 5weeks to hurry up so I can get 12week scan out of the way and try to enjoy this pregnancy!
Thank you all again, h&h 9months to you all,
Kate xxx

We can wait together! My pregnancy is high risk so I'm also stressing until my 12w scan. I'm 7w5d today so FX these 5 weeks fly by! :D

My 7+5 week scan put me back to 6+4, and he's growing great! Last scan at 16 weeks, he was measuring almost 17 but kept the same due date

I had a scan on Friday and was sure i would measure seven weeks. I only measured 6+2 and have spent the whole weekend Freaking out. Have another scan this week so Hope it has grown. Best of luck x

My first scan at 6 weeks i was measuring smaller but with a good heartbeat, my 12week scan i was measuring bang on my dates. try not to worry x x

Early scans are usually accurate +\- 5 days, and even though you know when your baby was transferred, you can't say exactly how many days it took for it to implant. I'm sure everything's fine and seeing a good strong hb is a wonderful sign!

Good luck for your next scan xxxxxxxxx :hugs:

Thanks everyone again! You all make me feel loads better!
Yep sun, we can wait together! I'm 7wks 4days! Only gotta wait till Wednesday for another scan,but I'm soooo nervous!!
All of the positive thoughts from everyone are great, but in my head I know it's gonna go wrong!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->