7wks+6days : Awful nightmares :'(

M

MrsMama

I will be 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I keep having awful nightmares about my baby dying :( I have a 3yr old daughter and suffered the loss of 2 babies (before 7 weeks) before this little one. I know I am worried about this little one but I have had an early scan at 6 weeks as I had 3 bleeds and saw everything was fine, heartbeat was strong, but I am still terrified! Any tips on how I can try to overcome this anxiety?? Or is anyone else having this and is it normal? I keep worrying it might be my body telling me something is not right. I can't face losing a 3rd baby :(

I've had some really dreadful nightmares and very vivid dreams. I think it's the hormones.

I am not surprised that you are having nightmares given what has happened in the past.

I don't really know what to say to help you, but I think if you keep telling yourself that they are just dreams and reflections of your anxieties you will feel a little better. Good luck to you.

Hi Honey. I'm so sorry for your earlier losses. This kind of dream is completely common. It's your anxiety and worries working their way out in your head. I kept having awful dreams about my baby when I found out I was PG (Including Aliens abducting me and taking my LO, a double whammy for me as I have been scared of Aliens since childhood!!)

Everyone used to tell me to calm down, and that it wasn't good for the baby to be such a stress head, but it is easier said than done. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? Even your MW or doctor? I found talking about my fear and getting it out of my head helped so much. I still worry, but I am a lot more relaxed and my dreams have shifted from nightmares to .... well let's just say they are not PG rated!

Focus on the good things, you've seen a scan, the heart was strong and everyday is one more step forward. Try and have a good talk about it with someone who will understand and let you work all the fear through and wont just tell you to calm down.

I think people's minds are very good at grabbing hold of our fears and pushing them forward. I remembered thinking my brain was preparing me for losing the baby (We've tried for 4 years and this is our first).

There are good things to help you relax, milk is great, simple I know, but it does contain a mild relaxant (Which is why people recommend it before bed). Chamomile tea also can help you stay calm and it is safe during pregnancy.

Focus on the good things, honey and take it one day at a time. If you have a bad dream, in the morning, take five or tea minutes to think about it then say "Right, it was just a dream, I feel fine. I'm going to do this today....... (Insert busy work to keep your mind off it)".

Hope I've been a help. xxx

hia
i also have been having bad dreams and i'm a similar stage to you. I wish I had these vivid sex dreams lots of people are having instead!
Personally I think my dreams are always reflecting how I feel or what's playing on my mind, or what I've seen in a film etc just previously. I don't see them as a sign of anything else.
It's perfectly understandable you are having these dreams given your previous losses.
I agree with the previous comments about relaxation before bed. Maybe also check you're not too hot or dehydrated? I have been waking up quite hot and thirsty.
Hope it improves soon xx

Well i feel your pain. 2 nights ago i had a dream that i went for a scan and there was nothing in the sac. Then the doctor started talking to me about starting birth control pills to bring on AF. I was so upset when i woke up.

I think this pregnancy (#2) i'm just so nervous this time around. Probably because of all it took to get here and how i didn't expect to be pregnant for much longer. I just want these next 6 weeks to FLY by!!!!!

Thank you everyone, I think hearing others are going through the same thing has massively reassured me! I'm quite emotional at the moment which probably isn't helping!
I am so desperate to get to 12 weeks I still can't believe this is real I keep looking at my scan pic and thinking gosh are you really mine?! I think I am also fearful about having 2 kids to care for now. I am so glad for forums like this, thank you ladies and I hope all of your bad dreams subside soon too!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->