8+6wk scan today...no bb no hb?

penguin1

Reaction score
Just got back from my scan today and the u/s tech said there was only a yolk sac no baby and no hb. I had a scan 2 wks ago and I had a baby and hb of 105. She did not zoom in as far as the other techs did and my uterus is tipped a little. What are the chances of it not showing up this time? I still have multiple pregnancy symptoms and my brown spotting stopped after my last scan...could it have been missed? Has anyone else had this happen and have a healthy baby?

Im going back on Friday to the tech who did my last scan to see if he can find it. Super bummed!

Honestly, I think at this stage if you already saw a heartbeat two weeks ago and nothing now, it's probably not looking good. I really, truly hope I'm wrong. I know personally how hard miscarriage is. I hope that the tech just needs a better look. Praying for you! :hugs:

:( I'm not quite sure either. I don't want to be the Debbie downer, but at 8+4 they were able to see my baby with a abdominal ultrasound and get a heartbeat of 178 bpm. I'm really hoping the machine was just bad! :hugs: Fx'ed for you!! Lots of prayers & thoughts your way.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. It's a tough call I saw a hb at 7 weeks then started bleeding again had a scan and was told at almost 9 weeks I had lost the baby and there was just a sac, 4 days later I went back to my original doctor got a scan and there was the baby alive and kicking around. I hope for your sake its the same case. So sorry you are going through this I know even 4 days that I had to wait killed me. I have everything x for you!!!

I hope they just missed it. At 7 wks my bub had 150 hub through regular us. I'm not sure if 105 was low or normal range? Did they say anything? I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you.

My baby was missed at 8+6 as well. Even if something had happened to baby (hopefully not) they should have seen it..

I hope the tech just missed it hun. I'm wishing you the best.

It's hard to find baby when you have tipped uterus, that's probably the reason tech didn't see hb or baby.

Did they verify with a transvaginal ultrasound?

they should have offered you a vaginal scan i missed at 8+2 hun xx

I'd keep hope, if your not having heavy bleeding, then they should have seen something, I think it's the tipped uterus. I've heard several stories where there were problems finding/viewing the baby in women with tipped uteruses and not all ultrasound techs are created equal! Good luck and hope they get that baby and HB loud and clear on Friday!

I don't want to get your hopes up in the event I'm wrong...

However I think a different tech and a different machine are likely to be the cause. I've heard that being the case in many situations. I hope that's the case for you!

Did they verify with a transvaginal ultrasound?
The scan was done transvaginally, but they have to have it almost straight up and down to get at the right angle. The other times I've been in they have looked with all the types of scanners. lol I don't think she was thorough enough. (my excuse) lol

No advice, sorry, but fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I missed the part of you having a tipped uterus! :doh: If you have a tipped uterus, it could be hard to see the baby.

I hope you get to see a happy little hb and baby at your next scan :) best of luck xx

Yea, he should of probed around a bit more with a tipped uterus. They are so small at this stage it can be easy to miscalculate if they don't have the probe right or the right zoom. I had a friend who at first went in for bleeding and the hosp told her an empty sac, then the dr a few days later there was baby and HB

A tipped uterus can definitely cause problems. Hoping and praying they will see your babe next appointment :)

Thanks for all the support ladies! I go in tomorrow morning for my u/s but now seeing my friends' scan who is 1 wk behind me Im beginning to think maybe I was just getting my hopes up. Her baby is like 1/2 the size of the sac. Oh well. DH says we can have fun trying again and we will try the fertility meds again. The bad thing is that we are going on vacation to the waterpark for 4 days next week and the week after I am a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding! Ugg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->