8 days late, SO many BFN's, no sign of AF :( HELP?!?!

mrsjk

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first time posting so please bare with me. Let me start off by saying I don't have a lot of TTC knowledge, but I am 8 days late for AF on a typically 30 day cycle. I've taken 6 HPT's and they have all been BFN including one this morning. I've taken a mix of internet cheapie test strips and Clear Blue weeks indicator tests.

For the past 5 days I have been feeling like AF is coming, cramps, bloating and a tugging feeling which I don't usually get with AF.

I've also been having insomnia which is horrendous, but that could also be from the stress of not knowing now.

My question for all of you experienced TTCer's out there is - after being 8 days late - is there still a realistic chance I could be pregnant?

Hey there and welcome! I just joined this site last week and am also new TTC. My hubby and I have been TTC for about 8 months.

I recently was 6 days late for my AF and kept getting BFNs. I felt the same way and had the same symptoms as you. I was sure I was pregnant as I am never late but just not enough hormones to get a positive result. Unfortunately my AF came on the 6th day of being late. That is not to say you will not get your BFN, if you ready about the HCG levels some women do not produce enough to get a positive result until about a week after their missed period or longer. Are you testing first thing in the morning? If not try that. If you still don't get your period I would go to get a blood test. The Not Knowing is tough and causes emotional stress which could also delay your AF. I wish you the best of luck and hope your BFP! And please keep me posted ;)

Thank you for replying!!! I agree the emotional stress could further be delaying AF which sucks because I really want her to just come so I can start a new cycle...well, what I REALLY want is a BFP lol but you know what I mean!

I noticed you got married last May, me too :) May 25th, 2013!

Oh I hear you. I felt the same way. I won't lie I was very disappointed when it finally came but did also feel a sense of relief. I really hope it's different in your care though and that you get your BFP !!

Yes we got married May 17 2013, congrats to you! I can't believe it's over 7 months now! Goes by so fast ;)

Just to update... still nothing. No AF. BFN.

Also, my sanity is fleeting.

Just to update... still nothing. No AF. BFN.

Also, my sanity is fleeting.

Oh wow I am sure, it's an awful anxiety! Are you still having the same symptoms? I would wait a few more days and if you don't get your AF maybe contact your doctor, no use in continuing to waste money on HPT.

Best of luck and hope you get BFP rather than being late!

There's a group in TWW which I post in and one of the girls in there was 14 days late for her period and then it arrived! she did say she had been sick that cycle though so maybe that was what delayed it.

Hope this isn't the case for you though and you get your BFP xx

I just went through this a couple of months ago.. My AF was 15 days late! Kept testing throughout the whole time, even a blood test, and all BFN. Unfortunately AF came on day 15. I was pretty upset, but glad to see her at the same time. I was also sure I was pregnant, with signs and everything.

During that time, I did alot of reading about it, and there are MANY women who are preggo and dont get BFP until weeks later.. It just depends on how long it takes them for their HCG to build up. It builds up fast for some ppl, slow for others..

Keep your hopes up, it isnt over till aunt flo shows up!!

OMG 15 days!! I'm sure I'll lose my mind!!!

The funny thing is I don't really think that I AM pregnant, besides the cramping and tugging I don't have any symptoms. No sickness or anything, just the insomnia lately but that's also probably because I'm losing it lol.

A friend of mine is a nurse and I was talking to her this morning and she said that sometimes stress can cause a delay in ovulation and AF, but.... I just came back from vacation in Jamaica...lol I was very far from stressed!!

Will keep everyone posted! Pray for me :)

After 4 months off of BC and perfectly on-time 30 day cycles since coming off I had a similar situation recently. Turns out I had an anovulatory cycle. I wasn't TTC but we were just using the pull out method so it was possible.

Anyway, after tons of tests that all came back BFN I went to the doctor when AF was 2 weeks late. I had read on other forums people saying they couldn't get a BFP for several weeks when they were pg (well that is pretty rare apparently). Doctor tested me, BFN. AF came a week later (3 weeks late! and this had NEVER happened to me before) I swore something was up but my doctor said it's not unusual to have anovulation once a year (missing ovulation). I had cramps for like a week, nausea, indigestion, didn't eat a lot like I normally do, weird fluttering feelings down there... you name it.. I had it. And I wasn't TTC, I wasn't overly stressed, no medicines, nothing. My doctor just said it was normal... haha, yeah that roller coaster of emotions was far from normal.

But since that cycle my cycles have been a perfect 28 days.. really strange. Good luck to you though!!!

Your trip to Jamaica could've done it. I've heard that traveling can stress your body out and make af late.

Hi ladies!

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions!

Update: AF 11 days late, CD41

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you ovulated? Many things can throw off ovulation. Stress wouldn't make AF late, but it could throw off your o date. Have you called your doc? If you're still getting BFN's, most docs will give Provera to induce a period after about a 40 day cycle.

I wasn't temping so I'm not 100% sure of my O date, but I did take OPKs and they all indicated a strong surge over 3 days or so that we BD'd.

Do you think the OPKs could be wrong? I took them for about a week and the test line continuously got darker and darker until it was darker than the control line? Maybe I'm interpreting the OPK's wrong??

Any thoughts on that would be great because then maybe you are right and I didn't even ovulate? Sorry if I sound really stupid, I don't know a lot about TTC...

Hahaha you don't sounds stupid AT ALL! TTC is ridiculously confusing for most of us. However, I have learned that OPKs are super reliable if you are 100% sure that you're ovulating. It's possible that your body was gearing up to ovulate but didn't actually O at that time. I know a few women who actually get two surges a month and it's during the second one that they actually O. I have also heard that travel can totally mess with your cycle. I know when I went to China everything got totally screwed up. Unfortunately I was the opposite of you and ended up having a much earlier and longer AF than usual. I would definitely recommend chatting with your Doc about it. He or she will likely give you a blood test and then if that's negative you will know for sure. It's not uncommon to skip AF one month or have it super delayed. I hope that's not the case for you though! Fingers crossed for your BFP!

Thanks sweetpea! I have heard a lot of people say that they've missed AF for a month, I guess it just freaks me out because I've had my period since I was 14 and I'm 28 now and I've NEVER missed a month in my life so it just seems totally crazy to me!

I think I'm going to go to the doctor today.

Thanks sweetpea! I have heard a lot of people say that they've missed AF for a month, I guess it just freaks me out because I've had my period since I was 14 and I'm 28 now and I've NEVER missed a month in my life so it just seems totally crazy to me!

I think I'm going to go to the doctor today.

I just went through something like this too and it freaked me out as I too was never that late with my AF or ever missed a month. It's crazy what our bodies can do!

Agreed. I'm getting very angry with my body for doing this to me!

The cramping and tugging feeling I had earlier is now gone, now I've just had lots of headaches and some dizzy spells+loss of appetite.

Agreed. I'm getting very angry with my body for doing this to me!

The cramping and tugging feeling I had earlier is now gone, now I've just had lots of headaches and some dizzy spells+loss of appetite.

I assuming you took another test today?

I did.

This is going to sound totally crazy but I thought I saw something - I tried to take a picture and there was nothing.

I think I'll just go to the doctor today and see what he says. I'm going crazy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->