8 Days reading HIGH - help!!!

Jetset

Reaction score
So I 'think' I am now in the 2ww but actually had the strangest cycle with very bizarre readings!

This is our second month TTC after a 5 year gap since our daughter and I opted to use the CBFM as I have no idea what happens in my cycle.

From CD7 to CD14 (today) I have had consistently HIGH readings with no peaks or lows. Therefore I have absolutely no idea if I have ovulated and if I have, I have no idea when it could have happened!

This is just getting crazy now!

So far this cycle goes as follows -

CD1 - CD5 : AF
CD6 - forgot to test
CD7 - high
CD8 - high (DTD)
CD9 - high - tiny amounts of bright red blood in lots of CM
CD10 - high (DTD)
CD11 - high (DTD)
CD12 - high (DTD)
CD13 - high
CD14 - high

Based on symptoms my best guess would be ovulation on CD9, are you temping at all? That may be helpful to add in next cycle if not.

No not temping, I am only just starting TTC so was only using the CBFM to get an idea of my cycle. Which seems to be completely haywire !!!

Surely if I had ovulated I would now be low.

I would you you haven't O'd yet. When you are getting a high reading it's detected a rise in estrogen and it's going to continue to stay high until you get an lh surge.

66% of woman get 0-4 days of high fertility
25% of woman get 5-9 days
1% of woman get 10+ day
8% get no peak ferility days after high fertility.

Here's some other info I got off the CB site that may be helpful.

Seen more than 9 High Fertility days ?
If you see more than 9 High Fertility days you may wish to stop testing this cycle.
- If you started testing on the correct day for your usual cycle length and you see 9 or more days of High Fertility, it is unlikely that you will see Peak Fertility in this cycle.
- Occasionally some women have an LH surge that is too low for the test to detect or they do not ovulate during a cycle and therefore they don’t see Peak Fertility. This is not unusual and may happen in approximately 8% of cycles. If you do not see Peak Fertility for 3 consecutive cycles, we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.

Also, the monitor can take a few cycles to get to know you. It's possible that it's giving you high fertility reading sooner just to be safe to get in extra days of BD because it's unsure how fast your hormone changes may occur

Hi I had this a couple of times with the cbfm-most of the time it worked perfectly. The last time we dtd every high-approx 8 days actually before we gave it up as a bad cycle. However it was the cycle we got pg with our dd. Don't know whether we just missed ov by a tiny fraction or what but it must have happened! Good luck.x

Thanks everyone...

Still high this morning at CD15 and this is the 9th day

No just the CBFM. I had another high this morning (day 10 and CD16) so i think I am out this month as unlikely to ovulate now when af is so close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->