8 dpo - almost positive OPK?? confused....

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I took an OPK about an hour ago and it came up almost positive, the line is actually darker in real life than it looks on the picture.
I took a HPT - although not a sensitive one and it came up BFN (I know its so early though)
I just don't know what to think, am I ovulating later than I thought (I only use OPK's so I cant know for definite I ovulated 8 days ago) or could this possibly be the start of a BFP??? I usually get stark white OPK's especially with this brand and only get a line when I am ovulating.

Anyone got any experience of this situation??

Attachments

• OPK.jpg
    OPK.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 109
It seems pretty normal to have OPK's like that. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but be patient and test with an HPT in a few more days.

Thanks for the reply, I know it's probably nothing, I am hoping my ic hpt's turn up today so I can test properly lol

I know this is not what you want to hear but pregnancy test will pick it up before a opk in fact women gt a lh surge right before af arrives.in early pregnancy a woman has 0 or close to 0 lh in her system yes lh and hcg are similar and yes a opk will pick it up but only when there is enough hcg for a pregnancy test to detect it 1st

I know this is not what you want to hear but pregnancy test will pick it up before a opk in fact women gt a lh surge right before af arrives.in early pregnancy a woman has 0 or close to 0 lh in her system yes lh and hcg are similar and yes a opk will pick it up but only when there is enough hcg for a pregnancy test to detect it 1st

Thanks for the reply, I know it's not because AF is due because I still have 11 days, I have never ever had a period come this early, my cycles are around 33-35 days.
Im sure it's due to hormonal fluctuations esp as OPK this morning was lighter.
I will test with hpt tonight hopefully - I know it's still early but I just can't stop myself lol

Thought I would update for others in similar situation - I got my BFP a couple of days after the positive OPK. Whether it was the OPK picking up HCG or coincidence who knows but it worked out good for me :)

Eek hoping this is gonna be me!

Here are my opks from yesterday (7dpo) and today (8dpo)...stronger one today! https://tinypic.com/r/axl8jn/8

Hpt is negative tho

https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-testing/what-affects-normal-hcg-levels-pregnancy

Check out this site tells you about when to test.. And HCG levels. Hope it helps.

@kitty_el Congrats I to have been getting dark opk positives after my positive opk on the 7th(CD18) then again on the 21st(CD32) was even darker so could be to early for HPT .. So am waiting to see If AF will arrive as am late by four days but have had a cycle at 42 only once last year rest are mainly 33.. But can very.x....

Eek hoping this is gonna be me!

Here are my opks from yesterday (7dpo) and today (8dpo)...stronger one today! https://tinypic.com/r/axl8jn/8

Hpt is negative tho

Hey Lucy I just read your message... Your OPK's definitely look like something is going on, I would def continue to test with hpt - if it's positive I reckon you should see something faint tomorrow or next day. My OPK's were always stark white unless I was ovulating so getting a line at 8DPO was very odd. Good luck and make sure you update :) :)
I did an OPK the other day cos I still have loads and the line was soooo much darker than the control lol

Thought I would also update, bfp confirmed with cb digi 1-2 weeks :)

@lucy1 congrats what was your symptoms and was you late? X.

Tbh I haven't had many! I'm not actually due AF until around 1st July so I think I'm only 9dpo!

I had brown cm on Friday which I think may have been implantation spotting but other than that not a clue! The one month I don't have symptoms lol

Congratulations - that's great news :) :) It's crazy how the OPK's seem to pick up bfp before a hpt xxx

I am so excited I found this post. Just took an opk and it looks like yours. I am 8dpo and have sore nipples and ewcm a lot of it. I hope it's a good sign for us too. We have been trying 6 years.

Nothing like being in same position and finding a thread you commented on years ago. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"