8 DPO but could be in for almost 1 more week. Ugh!

rottpaw

Mommy to Ethan & Reece!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Anyone else on day 8?

I'm 8 DPO but OV day 15 so I could be in for a 29 day cycle. :dohh: That is a pain as it means testing in like 7 more days, instead of the 3 showing in my ticker (my normal cycle). :shrug:

I've got a week to go as well. I am hoping in the next day or so to see if I have any symptoms like I did when I was pregnant with my son.

Hi Samantha! I am always curious - what early symptoms did you have in the TWW with your son? It seems everyone is different but I'm always on the lookout for what "could" be signs. It seems each month is different for me too, so of course I usually just drive myself nuts. But it's more fun than just trying to pretend I'm not in the TWW LOL!

I remember being out on night of 8, and I was just tired and wanted to go home. On the afternoon of day 9, I was sooo freaking tired. I just wanted to go home, and curl up into a ball on the sofa and not move an inch. It was like my battery was just drained. Then on day 10, I was watching a movie, and it made me bawl like a baby, and I don't cry at movies. I was a sobbing mess. That right there should have told me, but aside from being so tired, nothing much else happened that I can remember.

Thanks for the response! I definitely notice whenever I feel unusually tired, but in the summer months the heat drains my energy anyway, so I may be prone to blame it on that. But I'll be on the lookout the next few days to see if I can pick up anything unusual.

Thanks for the response! I definitely notice whenever I feel unusually tired, but in the summer months the heat drains my energy anyway, so I may be prone to blame it on that. But I'll be on the lookout the next few days to see if I can pick up anything unusual.

Good Luck :flower:

7 dpo or 8 dpo for me too. No symptoms except the usual: everything feels like a symptom... I hate this. Testing in about a week. I am so tired of this 18 months TTC with all the meds going inside my system.

Hi Astero, I know the waiting can be so frustrating!! I wait so anxiously each month for that first hint of AF. I still have about five days till testing. I am so impatient to know lol!

Hi there, i have 9 days till AF due and i am 9dpo....should i wait till AF due date or should i test 13/14dpo...some advice would be great please

Hi Feisty! I may not be the best one to ask, but I would say give it a few more days just in case, if you can be patient that long. I'm not very patient myself, but the tests here are expensive and so I have decided to wait till I actually miss AF. Technically on a normal cycle for me that would be today (usually a 25 day cyle). BUT, my luteal phase is usually a pretty normal 14 days (with spotting beginning day 11 or so of that time frame). Soooo, since OV did not occur this month for me until day 15, even though I am technically "due" AF, I am only 11 DPO today. So I've promised myself I won't test till day 30 (which would be late even for such a late OV). Hope that all makes some kind of sense! How long are your cycles? Do you know if your luteal phase is 14 days?

Me! Nice to see this post. 8 DPO and first month of trying while tracking ovulation. The waiting is nerve-wracking!

Hi Ella! Yep, the waiting is awful. This month I get to wait an extra three or four days to test. I'm currently 11 DPO. Biting my nails LOL!

Thanks Rottpaw, my cycle is usually 30 days (although have had the odd 31/32 day one) i'm not sure how long my luteal phase is....my opk said i o'd on day 12. Good Luck to you i have everything crossed for you!!

Hi Feisty,

The luteal phase (as I understand it) is the part between OV and AF. If it's shorter than the standard 14, that can cause issues, and if you're like me and run 14 days but spot for several beforehand (like days 11, 12 or 13 post OV) that can also cause issues. So I am guessing if your luteal is 18 days that's probably great! The idea is that if the progesterone drops off too quickly (resulting in spotting or AF before around 14 dpo) then it can be hard to have hormone levels that support a pregnancy. At least that is the way I understand it! I've always had shorter cycles (approx 25 days normally) so they are about to put me on Letrozole. Good luck to you too and keep me posted!

Thanks again Rottpaw, you are a wealth of information and it really helps....the confusing thing is that last month my ov predictor said i o'd on day 14 and then i had quite a bit of spotting before AF came with a vengeance on day 30!!! this month it said i o'd on day 11, so i suppose really it's going to be wait and see for the next 8 days if i can be patient enough not to test before then!! Let me know how things go for you and thanks once again

You are very welcome! I should know whether AF is coming in the next day or so. Hugs to you and FX'd for both of us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->