8 month old waking in night for feed?? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by allyk, Nov 14, 2011.

1. allyk

allyk Mummy to DD, Preg with #2

My 8 nth old dd has sttn since about 10 weeks old and. Most recently has been sleeping 7-730. But for past 4 nights she has woken at exactly 130am and won't be settled by anyone but me!!!

I tried everything, shhing patting, singing, cuddles, rocking nothing helps. She will just rub get eyes and cry (she is soo tired), as last resort on the 1st night I gave her bottle as it was 330!!! She took whole 7oz and immediately fell asleep!!! Same 2nd night, then last night and tonight (it is now 2am!!!) I have given her bottle immediately and off she goes straight back to sleep!!

Why is my perfect sleeper now waking for food at 130???

Thought it might be teething but why does she take while bottle!?? I really don't want for this to form as habit

Any advice greatly appreciated

2. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

Sounds like a growth spurt to me :flower:

3. MissFish

MissFish Well-Known Member

She is making up for sleeping so well since 10 weeks!! Just jokin ;) no advice, I'm jealous mines 11 weeks & no where near ditching her 4 am feed. Hugs-I'm sure it will pass!

4. Breezy

Breezy Mommy to one gorgeous boy

Mine is the same!!!!!! Sttn forever until recently. 2 weeks of up in the middle of the night. But lastnight he slept all night so maybe hes getting over it

5. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

It's very common, could be a growth spurt, could be teething, could be illness, etc etc.

My LO didn't start STTN until 16 months, just be patient, I'm sure she'll start STTN in her own time.

6. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

Yep sounds like a growth spurt - we are going through the same thing. Fran's been having the odd feed in the night lately and she is eating loads through the day xx

7. allyk

Thanks ladies, maybe she's start moving soon?!??? Then hopefully she'll go back to sttn I think I'm gonna need the sleep once she starts moving!!!

8. Jem88

Jem88 Guest

I think theres a growth spurt at 8-9 months. My LO hasn't had a feed after 11pm for 2 months now, but she woke at 3.30am (still doesn't sttn) and wouldn't settle so i offered a 4oz bottle and she drained it - then drained a 6oz bottle at 6.30am. x

9. allyk

That's exactly what my lo does, drains 7oz bottle at 1am then at 730 still eats all her breakfast and takes bottle hour later!!!

Does this mean I'll have to get rid of all her cute 3-6 month stuff she still fits into :-(