8 month Sleep regression please help

Well T self settles fine for all naps and her initial bedtime so i know she has no problem doing it - she is just choosing not to at 11pm! :dohh:

We did PUPD again last night. I've used it on & off since lo was about 5 mths old. It was tricky last night because she's now standing in the cot but I just kept lying her down, saying 'sleepy time' & leaving the room.

She woke at 3.30 and was resettled by 4.10 so it worked for us. Definately beat being up one & a half hours the night before :thumbup:

Good news :)

I tried it today at nap time. We had a nursery trial so nap time was an hour later and she was overtired and didn't go straight off like she normally does.

She settled fairly easily but not sure if she would of anyway. Worth trying again though I think.

Thanks starlight, DH took him and it's thrush. So he has cream. It must've been bothering him but doubtful it keeps him up all night. Here's hoping though! It must be itchy for him :shrug:

Thanks starlight, DH took him and it's thrush. So he has cream. It must've been bothering him but doubtful it keeps him up all night. Here's hoping though! It must be itchy for him :shrug:

Bless him. Hope the cream sorts it and a big bonus if he sleeps better too

How is everyone in the sleep regression doing this morning?

We had an 11.30 wake which only took a couple of minutes to resettle. Then a 3.30 wake & I couldn't be bothered to get up & down & up again so I just plonked her in bed with us. Then she was up for the day at 6.10.

She's perky & I'm not! :flower:

T is sending those 11pm awake vibes over, he has been waking at this time since Monday then 5am!

Are you taking him in with you? I think T wakes at 7 but I ignore her til 8! Well she isn't crying, just babbling!

I'm shattered. We only had a couple of wakes last night and she settled easier than usual so I should be perky...
But she woke up fully at 5.30 and didn't go down for a nap until 2.30pm.
She was falling asleep in her highchair at 9am but when I stopped feeding her and moved her to bed she refused to settle. I tried to settle her for an hour and a half using PUPD before giving in and getting her up.
She's still napping now and I'm trying to decide if I should wake her. She must be knackered but it's getting close to dinner time

Tbh I'm just letting lo feed when she's hungry (I try to keep to lunchtime and dinner time) but yesterday she was so tired at 430 I put her for nap and she woke at 7 so I gave her dinner at 7 (usually about 5) I'm more concerned with her sleeping as we are going through same sleeping issues as you!!! My lo won't eat if sges tired!! They will wake when they're hungry!!

its so nice knowing that im not alone in this one!! my mum thinks im mad and sleep regression doesnt exist!!! we had good night , night before last but i left her pooh bear light show on (it comes back on when she makes a noise) and she slept from 9pm-8 am!!! it was a god send after the last week!!! (not sure if she slept through but we did hear pooh bear over the monitor but no noise from her!!) i didnt put pooh bear on last night and we were up at 11:30, 1:30-3:30, 430,6 & 8!!! i feel like the walking dead today!!!

What other things have you gys tried to get lo to sleep through again??
Does anyone know how long this one lasts??

Are you taking him in with you? I think T wakes at 7 but I ignore her til 8! Well she isn't crying, just babbling!

Yeah putting him in bed with me then he goes onto sleep till 8am ish after being awake 1 hour at 5am

I miss my lo coming into bed with us in the mornings and sleeping, now if I bring her into our bed she thinks it's good fun to pick mummies nose and slap daddy's back!!!

My LO likes to pull at daddies arm hairs and pull my ears and bite my nose. Bringing her to bed isn't really an option anymore.
I'd love to know how long this normally lasts

Tabitha does that, but we put her further down so she can't reach us - cruel, cruel parents!!! But she has her little comforter bear and if she starts to get upset i give her my hand to play with :)
I know people probably think that taking her inbetween us is going to be a bad habit we have to break but we need our sleep! OH needs to be able to function at work and i'm pregnant and sleep is VERY important to me :)
I asked my HV today and her first response was are you feeding her enough - erm yeah, don't you think we've tried an extra feed etc etc?! I'm going to phone her doctor (as she has hypothyroidism and her dose has just been doubled) to see if too much thyroxine could be contributing to this, from what i've read, it can cause irritability, nervousness and difficulty sleeping in adults so i'm guessing its the same in wee babies!

its cute tho when she is lying there between us saying mumumumum :cloud9:

I'd love to know how long it's supposed to last too. We're about 3 weeks in to it & no sign of slowing just yet *sigh*

She's having a restless night already & it's not even my bedtime yet! I'm expecting a crap night & I've cleared tomorrow so I can have a lunch nap with her.

Love hearing what your lo's are up to when you put them in bed with you! Lol! We get slapping/screetching/giggles & try really hard to ignore it & stay still so she gets bored. Last night she pulled my lip & it really hurt but I was so tired I just lay there :haha:

Tabitha was giggling and sceeching happily so loudly last night that my OH heard her from downstairs and over the TV and came bolting up to the bedroom thinking she was screaming when infact she was trying to gouge chunks out of my face with her little razor nails that i just cannot get to to cut!!!
Ooooh i love a good lip pull! i think Tabitha is trying to get my eyes out more and more nowadays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->