8 week 2 day HPT, hook effect test

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
So I wanted to see if it was true that when your HCG gets so high that your HPT will eventually be so "confused" that it will be negative. Well, it's not negative, but it's pretty darn close!! Also, I'm a POAS addict. :blush: So this was a good excuse to pee on stuff.

Attachments

• 8w2d.jpg
    8w2d.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 99
Oh gosh I'm not going to test again then il freak if I see that :haha:

This is the exact same urine, with a TON of water in it, probably 1 part pee, 10 parts tap water.

Attachments

• 8wdilute.jpg
    8wdilute.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 90
You're a brave woman! I could never do that. I am interested though!

Omg i used to do that with about 3 or 4 hpts at a time and add water to see how much water it took to make it neg. I never managed it though.

Omg i used to do that with about 3 or 4 hpts at a time and add water to see how much water it took to make it neg. I never managed it though.

That first test is 100% urine, no water at all, lol. My hcg is just really high.

probably why when i tested with my first baby between 8-12w i got neg. Then darkest line ever at 19w what a shocker that was

Neat! I just did another test @ 7 weeks and no sign of the hook effect yet. The line was instant and dark... gets me worried that it "should" be light by this point LOL

That's amazing! Need some more sticks to play with.... Think the little strip ones aren't as good. I meanmaybe they don't have as much dye in them. Thanks love!! Fingers crossed Xx

@Suggerhoney i found my old hook effect thread. Looks like I was 8 weeks along when I got it. I really thought I had more tests in here!!

So glad u found this hon.
I thought I was 5 and half weeks when it happened with my son but it may of been 6 weeks.

I'm still getting line stealers at the moment on all tests so no hook effect yet.

It's good to know it can start later I was starting to worry as it hasn't happened yet.

I did Google tho and app it doesn't happen with all pregnancies and only about 20%.
Do nope it happens with this one tho so the I know my levels are very high.

Waiting for this scan is horrible.
I hope I hear from them this week with a day and time.
They did say it wud be around 6 1/5 7 weeks and I'm almost 6 weeks so hopefully I will hear soon.

Praying praying praying there will be a strong HB.

Prsying all our babies will be very healthy [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Mine with my son never went negative but one day started getting fainter lines.
Screenshot_20210131-210457_Google.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"