8 week check yesterday

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
me and joshua had our 8 week check up yesterday.

i dont know why they get you to see a doctor, she was bloody useless.

we had an appointment for 30mins and we wasnt in there for more than 10mins.

she just asked if he was ok and i said yes.

she took his nappy off to feel his hips and looked intp his eyes. that was about it.

joshua was born with a hooded foreskin and they said to me at hospital that they would look at it at his 8 week check up.
so i asked her to have a look,if i didnt say anything she wouldnt of looked.

all i got was why what are you worried about.
Urrmm- if it will cause him problems in the future and if it will go back to normal on its own. (those sort of questions)
all i got from her was i dont know ill have to book you in for a hospital appointment.

i hate doctors,they seem to be so useless.

so now im waiting for a hospital appointment to come through. i will be p**ssed off i go all the way to the hospital for them to say it was pointless in going.

why do they send you to the doctors for your 8 week check up when they dont have a clue. surly if they are doing your 8 week check up they should know something about babies.

lol, I had to point out Ally's hydrocele (something in his testicle) to the dr doing ours. Glad Joshua seems to be doing well anyway, I guess the 8wk check is just to check there is nothing major going on with LO and to check that you're alright too. We got asked to go back in 3 months to get Alasdair checked out again.

ooh i forgot to say she was down at his willy area feeling aroung then she washed her hands (only quickly) then she decides to put her finger in his mouth to check that he can suck. why didntshe do it the other way round,stupid woman.

she only weighed me,that was it.

she didnt say anything about going back.

Totally agree mine was a waste of time too dont think they even weighed me and dr only checked my c-section scar because i asked him lol

they didn't ask anything about me at my 8 wk, so at least you got weighed!

When we were in hospital the Dr came to check Alasdair over before they put his tube in and he also checked Ally's bits and then put his hand in Ally's mouth. Weird.

Alasdair has to go back to get his hydrocele checked and to make sure we've seen the consultant about his kidneys (but we don't need to anymore because they are all good now!)...If you're being referred to the hospital about it, they wouldn't say you'll need to go back to the GP. It is probably one of these things that they expect him to grow out of in time. If he is weeing okay I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Our check was a joint one with the HV who did the weighing, checking development etc, and the doc checked joints and discussed vaccinations etc. It was all for Kaya as I had my check up at 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->