• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

8 week scan worries

alyssa.s

Reaction score
Hello lovelies,
I am 8 weeks today and have my first ultrasound on Wednesday. Ever since nurse mentioned "viability" at intake appointment I have been so worried. My local hospital doesn't do any ultrasounds earlier than 8 weeks, so I am very jealous of you ladies than have gotten them since 6 weeks! I do have morning sickness, if I'm not puking I'm nauseous. I also have huge boobs and my nips are sore constantly. How do I ease these worries before the ultrasound? This is baby number one, by the way.

8 weeks is really the best time to get a scan, any earlier the measurements can be off which could lead to more worry. Your symptoms are a great sign that your pregnancy is going well, the majority of people don't have early scans and only wait for the 12 week one, in the uk at least they are not part of routine antenatal care, you have to pay private or have a good reason to have an early scan to get a free one.

I'm sure you will be fine. Please update x

I am certain you will be fine!
I am in the UK, and i had a scan at 6 weeks because i was spotting. But otherwise i would have had to wait till my 12 week scan which was yesterday.

8 weeks is a good time, you'll see a little baby and a heart beating. Just get busy, worrying is not going to help, and in pregnancy we just have to trust our bodies and let it do what it needs too.
Get busy and look after yourself, the time will pass quickly x

Thanks gals, I can't imagine waiting until 12 weeks! I am anxious just waiting until 8!

Update: everything went great. I'm measuring 7w5d so putting my due date at 2/19/16. Heart rate was 154bpm :)

Thanks! I definitely meant 2/17/17, I can't type today.

So glad all was ok. With my first 2 we only had 20week scans offered and I never did a pregnancy test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"