8 week scan?

MummyKP

Reaction score
I'm thinking of booking a private early scan for around 8 weeks, will I hear a heartbeat at this point? I'm guessing I won't see a lot, more just a blob, but it's really just for the reassurance and the fact I won't get a scan with nhs until around 12 weeks.

Not sure where you are I am in the US, did not hear hb at 8week scan was told not until 12week scan. I did get to see the hb/rate on scan though.

8weeks is a good time to book a scan. I had one at 8+2 and we saw a baby with a lovely heartbeat. At my 6 week scan though all we saw was a tiny sac. Nothing else. Mad how much can change in just a few weeks!

I will be 8+2 if we can get in when I'm hoping to. The main reason I want it done is for reassurance and to hear the heartbeat. If I know I should hear it then I'm going to go ahead and book it. I'm in the UK, and these private scans are around £99, so I want it to be worth the price!

Women can see HB from 5 weeks (although huge chance of seeing nothing) at 8 weeks I saw a head and body, arms legs etc (no HB due to miscarriage) but you will 99.9% see and hear a heartbeat. There have been reports of 8 weeks US and being unable to see the HB due to position size etc but it's more than likely you will. You may even see some movement! I had a US at 6+1 and saw a yolk sac fetal pole and heart beat in this pregnancy:) enjoy!♡

Oh.. and depending on the sonographer/company etc they may make the HB audio.

Thanks so much Khadija, definitely made me want to book it even more after saying what you've experienced. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->