8 weeks pregnant and fading bfp

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by michelle1985, Jan 25, 2011.

1. michelle1985

michelle1985 Well-Known Member

hi everyone im 8 weeks pregnant and previously had 3 mc i keep doing pregnancy tests to keep me sane, but now my test line has got so faint compared to what it was on saturday (it was darker than the control line) i havent had any bleeding. has anyone had anything like this happen to them? or any advise would help

2. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

I would stop testing now - I read somewhere that after a certain week, the tests should not be taken!

I am sure that you are absolutely fine but can understand your need for reassurance xxxx

3. well.. you are already 8 weeks.. i hear that once you get to about 6 weeks pregnancy tests actually start getting lighter.. google "hook effect pregnancy test" that may give u answers...

4. Ouverture

Ouverture Well-Known Member

Ditto on the hook effect. After 7-8 weeks, you have so much HcG that the tests become wildly inaccurate. Not only that, as you get closer to week 9 the placenta starts to take over and HcG levels drop.

No stress!

5. BaybeeMama

BaybeeMama Well-Known Member

Yeah, u should stop testing.

6. kaths101

kaths101 Well-Known Member

Yup I did exactly the same thing!! I tested about 5 weeks and got a lovely dark line, tested at 8 weeks and got much lighter line it was hardly visable :cry: blimey did I panic and vowed never to do anymore tests! I posted too and got the same responses that the placenta takes over etc..

I heard my babies heartbeat on the dopler this morning and im nearly 11 weeks now so all was ok - dont panic and ditch the tests!!

7. maybethisit

maybethisit Well-Known Member

Yep step AWAY from the tests!!!!! They will only make you anxious and they stop giving proper results at the stage you're at cos there's just too much hcg washing around. Seems to be a common experience...! :hugs:

8. MooMrs

MooMrs Well-Known Member

This thread has reassured me a little, I also keep testing :blush:, and I did two last week and found the lines were lighter than 2 weeks ago. I googled but couldn't find anything useful. I hope everyone is right! I still feel very pregnant, especially the last couple of days, was actually sick for the first time yesterday so that must be a good sign I hope!

9. michelle1985

hi guys just to let you all no i have been looking up info on the internet and people were mentioning having to much hcg and the test doesnt react properly, i also read if you water down your wee and re test it will be darker. so thats what i did and the test line was darker than the control line thank god lol. now i am going to stop testing lol its driving me insane

10. bellexx

bellexx Well-Known Member

sorry if i'm wrong but i've heard that even if u DO have a miscarriage the test will still be positive for a few days?? and since u most certainly have not there's no reason for it to be negative?? good luck!!

11. oboeverity

oboeverity Mummy to Ted and Willem

Also, a line's a line!
    xxx

12. michelle1985

hi bellxx just to let you no it wasnt negative it was fmu but alot fainter than it has been

13. PrayinForBaby

PrayinForBaby Haley's Mommy =)

idk i had dark strong lines til upwards if 25 wks or more...

14. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

HCG does decrease as the placenta takes over. Also, there is no rule which says your tests should get darker. They show whether you are pregnant or not, not HOW pregnant you are. It can be something as simple as the particular test you are taking has less dye in it. My tests from when I first found out I was pregnant were from the same pack, and the first one was really dark, the second a lot fainter. They were done five minutes apart. Stop testing. It causes more worry than it abates. Wishing you a H&H pregnancy. x

15. billyjean

billyjean New Member

in december I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks, only to find out a month later that i was 3 weeks pregnant, so caught straight away.

obviously I'm so paranoid, it's taking over...the amount of hpt's i've done ...well....

at 5 weeks/6 weeks...lines are really dark

now this week, coming up to 9 weeks hardly any line...so you can imagine how I panicked! but reading on here and it said to dilute your urine...so I done that and two dark lines!!!

so it's right! :) i'm trying not to worry!:cloud9:

16. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

it says on the test packs that once hcg gets to a certain level it can start to give you false negatives, not sure how this works but its true :hugs: ive had a MC before and i just used my last test up today, gonna leave it all down to my body now! eeeak xxx