8 weeks scan 10mm gestational sac

cathgibbs

TTC#1 after 5 losses
Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks since lmp and scan today sac measured 10mm.... last Friday it was 7mm and Friday before (24th) was 5mm. My consultant says he can see a yolk aswell. I think I ovulated late by about 5 days and I had implantation pains and bleeding on June 3rd. My consultant mentioned that IB was a good sign but I'm not feeling any hope.

Sorry I can't offer reassurance but by 8 weeks, you'd expect to see a baby with a heartbeat, unless the equipment used is really very bad. Even if you ovulated late and are only say 7 weeks, you should see more than you're seeing. Has your consultant commented at all on the viability of this pregnancy? Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh and I'm definitely not saying give up all hope but I see you have a history of losses and it might be easier for you to prepare for bad news (that's how I work at least, after several losses myself). I hope I'm wrong and it all turns out fine though! When's your next scan?

No not harsh at all. Since our first scan I've been prepared for the worst. I'm ready to say to them just give me a D&C just to get it over with but this is the furthest I've gone :( my consultant seems happy that there has been growth albeit very small... just so fed up of going in every week for scans... plus I'm injecting clexane and using pessaries and I feel like it's all a waste of time :(

I'm sorry you're going through that! But if your consultant isn't worried, maybe it is just a very bad machine? Would you be able to get a private scan somewhere to get more clarity?

I don't know if it is the machine or not..... I have a tilted uterus aswell so I think that hinders things slightly. It was promising he could see it by doing an abdominal US as past 2 scans he hasn't but he also did a TV US to get measurements. Got another scan Monday:( xxx

It does seem like you should be seeing more even at 7 weeks. Could it be you are not even that far? If its old equipment and baby is in an awkward spot maybe he's just not getting a good look. I have seem some posts on here where early scans didn't show what they should but things turned out okay so I wouldn't want to say give up yet. Its so hard not knowing whats going on. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->