8 weeks today, only measuring 6 weeks 2 days

dollych

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I'm 8 weeks today. I went for a private scan this morning. The sonogropher told me that I'm only 6 weeks 2 days!!!!!. She said everything was fine and baby had a nice strong heartbeat and the yolk sac was nice and big like it should be. She said she had no concerns, but I'm worried sick!!!!!.:cry:
I'm 100% positive that I'm 8 weeks today as we were planning this baby and I know the date of my last period, the day I ovulated and the date we DTD!!!.
I'm just worried sick that the baby isn't growing or there's something wrong. The sonogropher told me not to worry and that it may have a growth spurt in a few days, but I AM!!!. This didn't happen with my other 2 babies and they measured correct.
Has this happened to anyone else?????.
Thanks.

This hasn't happened to me, but I've read on here a lot that this early on, measurements can be really off.
When I was pg with my first I was told I would have a small baby as I was measuring 36 weeks at 42 weeks but he was 8lb 8oz so they can be really off. I'm sure by the time you have your 12 week scan, the baby will measure spot on.
Also, although you know exactly when you ov'd it can still take a week to implant etc and that can alter your dates xx

At my first apt I thought I was 6w4d... Because I counted O as the only day my husband And I had sex! But baby measured 5w6d. I went back 9 days later and measured about 7w1d with strong HB of 160. I personally think the tech wasn't measuring right because she got diff measurements like 6w6d then 7w2d, my dr said all looked great so I'm not worried, I'll b going back in 2 weeks at 10 weeks for another scan, baby should be bigger and better measurment

Meant to add, trust your dr if they say all is ok, they wouldn't lie

Some sonographers measure from conception not lmp are you counting from lmp or ovulation ?

Hiya, I know how worrying this is - even if sonographer says dont worry! Can you try & get another scan in 7-10 days - that way you'll know what's happening? The main thing is that it's v hard to get accurate measurements early on. Two wks ago I had a scan, I was 7+3 but measured 6+3, but saw baby & hb & sonographer was happy enough. I worried all wk (esp as I also had a bleed), went back yesterday when I was 8+3 (by LMP) and measured 8+0 and all well.
Good luck x

Thanks girls. No, I'm going by LMP. I telephoned the sonographer and asked her for a re-scan because she confirmed the scan measurements also go by LMP, so I'm going back next week free of charge!!!. Hopefully everything will be Ok.

The difference between a 6wk fetus and an 8wk fetus is massive. At 6wks all you have present is the fetal pole, and at 8wks you will have the head, arm buds-leg buds, and bottom. I am dealing with this right now. Should have been 8wks6d, fetal pole measured 6wks1d, with no heartbeat. I am assuming worst for me, but if you saw a heartbeat, you are deffo on the right track!!

my sis in law had this, and was worried but shes just had 20 week scan and all is ok, she's still 2 weeks behind her calculations but baby is healthy x she also knew when she'd ovulated etc x

Thanks girls. No, I'm going by LMP. I telephoned the sonographer and asked her for a re-scan because she confirmed the scan measurements also go by LMP, so I'm going back next week free of charge!!!. Hopefully everything will be Ok.

Keep us updated... I had a scan at 6.6wks and mine measured 4.5 weeks with a hb, I have a scan Monday to check if the little bean has grown or not

Keep us updated... I had a scan at 6.6wks and mine measured 4.5 weeks with a hb, I have a scan Monday to check if the little bean has grown or not

You too whispernikki! Keeping my fingers crossed for a good scan for you. I'll be watching for your update!:thumbup:

Early scans are often wrong. Mine was out by 8 days from my 12 week scan. I didn't know it at the time else id have been panicking. My now two year old Is super healthy and after initial
Bleeding I went on to have a very healthy easy pregnancy. If the sonographer said she had no concerns I'd try and relax as much as you can in the first tri x

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to update. It wasn't good news at the re-scan a week later. The sonographer couldn't find a heartbeat this time and confirmed My baby passed away. It only grew for a few more days after my first scan last week and stopped breathing a few days ago. I was deffo 9 weeks, but the baby only measured 6 weeks 4 days. I started to bleed heavily that night and had a miscarriage.
I am devastated. Good luck to all you and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Hi hun

Not sure if you want to hear this or not - but I had the exact same thing happen in December... I had a D&C as I didn't want the stress of worrying about a miscarriage over Christmas. I was 10 weeks by the time it was confirmed and they said it showed no signs of passing.

Anyway we were told to abstain for 2 cycles and then we could try again - and first cycle back at TTC I got a BFP - naturally I am terrified it will happen again. I'm only 4 weeks (Hence too scared to put up a ticker). But I just thought you might like to hear how things can turn positive (literally) again very soon after. You'll get through this xxxx

Thanks Girls and thanks so much Rickles for sharing that xx sorry for your loss as well, but BIG CONGRATS on your BFP!!!. That's actually give me hope. I'm sure you will be fine this time. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->