8 wk appointment - what to expect?

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
Hi everyone!:hi:

I'm scheduled for my first prenatal appointment next week, and estimate I'll be around 8 weeks at that point. I keep reading that dopplers, even at midwives' and doctors' offices, can't hear the baby's heartbeat until 9-10 weeks. Is this true, in your experience? I know for sure I'm not getting an ultrasound at this appointment, but I desperately want to hear that heart beat and know things are okay so far. Has anyone heard their baby's hearts via doppler this early?

I had a trans vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks and 5 days and was able to hear the heart beat

It is definetly possible to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks sometimes sooner. In the US I think it is common for them to do a "dating ultrasound" they have to be sure your dates are correct.

hey gurlie.
im holli im 12 weeks and just today heard my babys heartbeat on a Doppler.. but everyone's different if you have a midwife they normally wont try till around 10 -12 weeks.
i haven't even had my first scan yet :/ its on the 13th
hoping that your able to its amazing hearing the "whoosh whoosh whoosh " sound for the first time

Thanks for responding, everyone. I suppose I just need to be patient--NOT easy right now, as I'm sure you know! :wacko:

Where I live, the midwife doesn't listen to the heartbeat untll 16 weeks.

Although you see the heart beating away at your dating/12 week scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->