8lbs 11oz at 38 weeks?!!

chelseaharvey

Reaction score
Had a scan today at 38 weeks my little man is estimated to be 8lbs 11oz. Im dreading it, he is going to be so big, i technically could have 4 weeks left as well if i go overdue - he is going to be so big :-(

I soooo dont want to go overdue, this is one of my biggest worries/concerns, im not even phased/thinking about the labour...

As i want a natural birth i had a c-section last time they wont touch me until im 12 days overdue :growlmad: & then it will be the drip & not the pessary as because of my c-section scar....

I just want this little man out now :-(

Try not to worry too much about the estimated size on the scan. Those can be off by as much as 2lbs. :hugs:

I'm 39 weeks now but I'm expected to have a big baby. At yesterday's scan she measured 8lbs 12oz. I'm due next Monday and this little girl isn't showing any signs of moving out by then. I'm ready to try anything at this point as I really don't want to go overdue or be induced.
I hope the scans are wrong for both of us.

My SIL had a scan they said her baby would be 11lbs! So they insisted section and so she did and baby was 6lbs!!! She was so upset and that was her last baby. She still regrets it to this day but how was she to know.??. Anyway they could be close but they also could be way off so try not to fret. My first baby was 9lbs 9oz and it was a girl too. I delivered her naturally. They had even suggested section before and I refused. I have had 3 successful vaginal deliveries all with big baboes and hoping for a 4th!

wow gr8 weight ....but have heard alot of stories where the weight was off ........

I had a growth scan last week at 36+4 and was told my baby is weighing in at 8lbs 9oz already. I have GD which would explain it, and am being induced this Sunday at 38+1 because of it. I really hope they are wrong about her weight though!

Good luck x

They can be out by 10% when estimating weight at scans.

That said, my second son was born at 38 weeks weighing 10lb and I delivered him with absolutely no problems, no tears, stitches or anything.

They can be out by 10% when estimating weight at scans.

That said, my second son was born at 38 weeks weighing 10lb and I delivered him with absolutely no problems, no tears, stitches or anything.

wow!!!!! :)

I know it's hard but try not to panic..

I had a growth scan at 37weeks with my 1st son and he was apparently weighing 10lb 2oz then.. I was induced the day after due to GD and he was born 4 days later weighing 7lb 7oz!

Now I'm expecting baby number 2, had a growth scan last week at 32wks 4days + baby apparently weighed 5lb 7oz + his head meassured 38wks+5days... i'm only 33wks+5days today.. they can be very inaccurate!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->