• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

8th month trying. Pretty disheartened.

alwaysttc

Reaction score
So this would be our 8 month of trying and I'm not sure how I am feeling about it all. I think maybe the first few months we weren't timing it correctly but now I am feeling rather depressed.

Over these last 8 months, 3 of my close have become pregnant and not one has kept their babies. I have been supportive to them but deep down it has made me feel rather sad. I have a 4 year old son and would love to have another one around now as it is a good time.

My fiancé is not my sons father and has no children of his own. I am 24 and he 32. He is starting do doubt that he is fertile. I am willing to wait till we have been trying for 12months and then visit the GP about this.

Has anyone felt this way or in a similar situation where they have been trying for so long and have had no luck? or eventually got lucky?

I feel like I am losing hope.

I have also been trying for 8 months and nothing. I know EXACTLY how you feel. You keep wondering why your body keeps failing you, if your doing something wrong, if you not meant to have kids etc.

I have asked my doctor about it and she said there is nothing they can do until you have been trying for 12 months with no luck, especially where I am young (29).

Each month when I get that BFN or when AF arrives I am so down in the dumps. Just makes me wonder if it is worth continuing...

Been trying for 4 years. Have had one bfp in those years that ended up being a dual loss. One miscarriage that was in my uterus and one ectopic that caused the loss if my right tube.

It gets frustrating. You give up, you feel defeated, depressed, mad...ESPECIALLY when everyone around you is getting pregnant. I'm sorry your friends have decided to do what they did. But at least you're not going to baby shower after baby shower and feeling sorry for yourself...or maybe you are. I know its hard. Its OK to cry. Its OK to be mad, sad, depressed. Its OK! You're allowed to have feelings and you're allowed to express them. You'll find a way to push through. And if you're having a rough day and need to vent, that's what were here for.

We're month 8 too. I just keep thinking why!? We have 3 year old and had a loss last year, think we had chemical this month too. Starting to think other won't happened : '(

I know exactly how you feel....we are going into our 9th month and I'm really starting to worry there might be something wrong with one of us...our ages don't help (I'm 32 and the OH is 38). So I'm starting to get into panic mode..

I keep thinking I should go to the Dr NOW but the other part of me doesn't really want to hear that there actually is a bigger issue.... :/

Have also seen too many friends announce pregnancy's and have had 2nd children....crushes me because we just want one!

I have been TTC for 14 months with a MC after 8 months so I as well know how you feel. Every month when I get my AF I stay off here for a little while and sulk but then I get back to my usual self. I have said this on some other threads girls and I don't want to sound like a bible thumper because I am for sure not but I have learned over the course of this journey that you need to keep your faith. God has plans for everyone I honestly believe in that and it is what keeps me going day after day. It is easy to get mixed up with TTC but if the Dr's wont help you until you have been trying for 12 months then the best thing you can do for yourself is not think about it so much and keep in the back of your mind there is help around the corner. 4 more months if nothing has happened you can see a Dr. You might be pleasantly surprised if you don't stress over it. Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy. Good luck!

I know exactly how you feel. We are on cycle #12 of TTC #1!

My hubby went to his GP a couple of weeks ago and lied and said we'd been trying for 12 months (really only 11 months) and he had to do a sperm analysis and got the results back within a week.

My advice would be if you are worried then maybe get your hubby to get checked out first as their tests are much quicker and easier than all the tests they have to do on us women!

I started acupuncture this month to see if that helps out and I'm already feeling much more relaxed about the whole process of TTC. Maybe give that or yoga or even both a go.

And just remember we are all going through the same pain and are here for you when you want to moan!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"