8weeks 4 - surprise at the scan!

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi

So today I had a scan. As I didn't know how far I was they booked me in for a scan as soon as possible. (I hadn't had a period since my mc in August). The scan showed I was roughly 8weeks 4 days and the first words out of the lady's mouth were...

"Are there any twins in the family?"

So yes...there are two little ones in there. My partner and I are in total shock! I just didn't see it coming!

I'm scared...

Bx

Congratulations! I'm sure the fear will go once you've had time to process the information.

Congratulations. I am also expecting twins. The shock is completely normal but once it wears off, it's exciting as well as scary. Good luck. Hope it is as smooth as mine has been so far for these first 13 weeks.

Awww don't be scared love. Twins really aren't much harder than a singleton, especially when you have a supportive partner. My mom had twins and they turned out waaaay better than my older brother and me :rofl:

Thanks ladies!

I haven't really slept, I have so much going through my head. I think I'm more apprehensive as I have a three year old already, he'll be four by the time the twins arrive (it just feels crazy saying that!!)

Bx

Aww hugs just one day at a time. Heck sometimes I go one hour at a time. Twins really are something though. I have loved watching my twin brothers grow and it really is having a built in best friend. A 3 almost 4 year old can be surprisingly helpful with little things like passing you wipes or diapers. Also easier for them to comprehend a new addition. You've got this.

Wow!! Congrats!

Tell me, have you experienced any exaggerated symptoms? Any indication that this was a "different" pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->