9-10 Day LP

Angel5000

Mother to Melody
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this particular website and am hoping for some help.

I was on bc for 15 years (due to extremely heavy/painful periods that had reached a point where I was passing out from blood loss). I'm almost 30 and I just got off bc 2/28/15, since my hubby and I were hoping to start TTC. I started temping right away and using OPKs to get an idea of my cycle.

My first cycle was 39 days long. I ovulated CD30, started spotting CD38 and AF arrived CD40 (giving me a 9 day LP if we don't count the spotting). Cycle #2 was 35 days long. I ovulated on CD26, spotting on CD35, and AF came the next day. Also an LP of 9 days.

I'm currently on CD4 of my 3rd Cycle since bc.

I didn't think much about it at first until I started doing some reading on the TWW and realized that a short LP is actually a bad thing. My AF has actually been really really light these 2 cycles, lighter and shorter than when I was even on bc.

I'm very new to this and had a freak out last night when I started reading that short LP can prevent egg from sticking (needless to say I was a tad on the hysterical side last night...we can thank me being sick + AF + scary webpages).

My question is: what can I do to increase the LP? Preferably naturally.

Also, is it possible that this is still a side effect of the bc and my body will still continue to adjust? This is 3 months off the pill now.

I've read about vitamin B6. I already take a complex, but it only has 5mg of B6 in it. Does B6 actually work? How mcuh do you take? Side effects?

Other recommendations?

I wish I could help but I'll be stalking this thread. My lp is usually 10 days (good news I was able to successfully conceive).
Best of luck, hopefully it'll get better for you as time goes on. I have read it can take up to 6 months for things to be regulated after birth control. I'm not sure how true that is though, you can only trust the internet so much after all.

Thanks. It really helps to hear that people have been able to conceive with a short LP. Makes me less nervous.

I've done a whole bunch of reading and am going to try 100mg of B6, and 3000mg of Evening Primrose (only up to O day). We'll see if that helps. I'm hoping it doesn't go the opposite way and make me not ovulate or move ovulation even later, but these are the two things that most people seem to report using.

The B6 will work, or at least if did for me. I didn't have a short LP but I took it and it did lengthen it for me. Your LP is not ideal, but it's not impossible to get pregnant. I wouldn't do the primrose oil. The B6 should be enough. I don't know about the BC because I have never been on it, but I know it can take several months to get things back to normal again.

I've read that any sort of birth control, wether it be oral, IUD, depo, etc., can cause you to have shortened luteal phases when you come off of it. I'm experiencing this right now having my Mirena removed. My last luteal phase was actually only 9 days, maybe even 8 if you count my light bleeding on the evening of 9dpo. I was SO bummed about it and started taking B6, because I've heard this helps also. I'm hoping that it will just take a little while for our bodies to regulate out after having birth control in our systems!! Keep us updated!

^ That's what I was going to say too. I think I'd wait until a few more cycles have passed to be sure it isn't your BC before you worry too much. I think you should try the B vitamins. They couldn't hurt and I hear they help with early pregnancy nausea too.

Interesting thread. I have never really thought much about my LP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->