9-13 wk chromosomes test.... Who is planning or has done this?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
My dr offered this early 9-13wk testing..... Wondering if anyone has had tis? And what does it involve?

I think its the harmony test, right? I am having one on wednesday.

I'm really wanting to do it. I'm hoping I can talk my doctor into it! I haven't met him yet, so I don't know if he does it. But I'm sure going to ask!

LadyHutch will you please let me know what they do and how it works? Is it just blood or an ultrasound? With my last son, his 20wk scan showed 2 out of 5 markers for Down syndrome......it was so scary and depressing for the rest of my pregnancy ....and he was born perfect!! No Down syndrome or any other issue (besides severe GERD and food allergies) so all that heartache for no reason......
My dr said if I would have had the early 9-13 wk test done they would have had a more accurate idea of what was going on.....I'm just wondering how accurate are these other tests? I never want to go through that scare again!

I found this: https://www.panoramatest.com/expecting-mother#who

Their accuracy rates are actually really really good. (Over 95% accuracy.) It makes me really want to do it. :)

This is the website for the harmony test:

https://www.ariosadx.com/

I am having it because I am high risk for a large number of reasons. I believe if you are advanced maternal age, insurance covers the test in the US. It tests Down, Edward and Patau, as well as XY XX and I think can detect Turner. My OB says if the result is positive for boy, all results are 99% accurate. If the result is girl, 90%, because of the possibility they are catching your DNA rather than the baby's. It is a blood test on you, non-invasive. You can get a lack of result if you are exhibiting low fetal DNA in your bloodstream, but that is usually if they test too early. My perinatologist won't perform the test until you reach 12 weeks. I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow, when I get my test.

I am also doing the NT and triple screen tomorrow.

They could be referring to the above blood testing or they could be referring to the NT ultrasound performed around 12 weeks accompanied by a more general blood test.. Here, of the normal genetic testing (u/s and blood) come back higher risk they may offer more intrusive testing or the harmony/ panorama type..

Thank you!! I didn't realize how many different tests there are..... I should find out exactly which one they were referring to....

I had the MaterniT21 test during my last pregnany. It's the same as the Harmony, Panorama, and I'm not sure what else. It's a blood test only. It's not the same as the NT scan and bloods. The NT blood work gives you a risk ratio...like 1:1000, and it's not very accurate (from what I've read on these boards over the years). The Materni, harmony, panorama tests take the mothers blood and extracts the fetal dna from it. Then it looks at the chromosomes in the fetal dna. It's very accurate. MaterniT21 says 99% accurate if the tests comes back clear and 95% accurate if the test comes back with non typical chromosomes, in which case they recommend having an amnio. The MaterniT21 does not give a ratio. It comes back with a positive or negative for typical chromosomes. These tests will also tell you if there are any Y chromosomes present, so you get to find out the gender if you want.

I had the test because I had a risk of 1:11 for trisomies 13, 18 (both fatal usually) and trisomy 21 (Down syndrome). They took 3 vials of blood. I had the blood taken on a Thur and my results came back the following Friday.

Some OBs will take the blood for this test the same day you have the NT scan (mine did), but this is not the same as the blood test that typically goes with the NT scan. It's separate and it can be costly if your insurance doesn't pay for it. Good luck ladies.

I had it done with all 3 of my girls. I don't have any chromosome issues in the family but my ob likes to do it for a pie e of mind and a heads up just incase. No matter what I would never abort but it is nice to know ahead of time :)

I had one drawn yesterday, so I'm awaiting the results. It was just a blood draw.

Appreciate the input ladies! Maternal 21 seems very accurate ......when do they do that one?

I am also having this done. I believe it is between 12-13 weeks, one scan and two sets of blood work? Is this the same as everyone else. I went to see the Doctor yesterday and he gave me information on it.

Sarah, I think that one is the NT scan. It's less accurate, but hey, it lets you see baby again! (I've heard of quite a few false positives on an NT scan.)

I was told I should be covered based on advanced maternal age. (Gee, thanks.) So that makes me happy!

Appreciate the input ladies! Maternal 21 seems very accurate ......when do they do that one?

That is a simple blood test that isolates the free floating dna of the baby in the mom's blood stream. I found out that my 10 month old was perfectly normal and a girl. I will be getting it done at my next appointment on 8/1 for this one. I was 42 when I got pregnant with her, and I'm 43 now with this one. It's easy peasy. :thumbup:

https://laboratories.sequenom.com/maternit21plus/maternit21-plus-knowing-about-your-pregnancy

I just had the panorama done since our quad screening came back 1/10 for trisomy 18. It was a pretty painless blood draw and now I have to wait up to 10 days for the results, but my dr says this test will be 100% conclusive/diagnostic so we will know how to figure out our next steps. and I won't need an amnio or cvs. Since this chromosonal disorder is fatal I for sure want to know 100% if our child has it or not, so even though I almost opted out of the screening I am glad I did it. I like to be prepared for whatever situation may come!

I'm in Alberta, Canada and they call it a "first trimester screening here" and it involves a blood draw as well as an ultrasound to measure the fluid at the back of the babies neck.

I don't have another ultrasound until 18 weeks (bittersweet, but I've had TOO many as it is), so I'm considering this my 12 weeks U/S and I'm excited to see my little bean again - who I'm hoping looks a little more like a little fetus than a bean now!

I hope it comes back okay, but I wouldn't abort no matter what. Just want to be mindful of what this could look like. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->