9 Days after IUI. No symptoms..did it fail?

skerfan2284

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It has been 9 days after my wife had our first IUI procedure. She was on clomid for 5 days, then had an HCG shot, and then the IUI. She produced two follicles(20mm) each. It is now now days after the procedure, and she isnt showing any symptoms. Does this mean the IUI failed or does it mean that implantation may not have occured yet? If she was pregnant, do women commonly get any symptoms this early? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey everyone,

It has been 9 days after my wife had our first IUI procedure. She was on clomid for 5 days, then had an HCG shot, and then the IUI. She produced two follicles(20mm) each. It is now now days after the procedure, and she isnt showing any symptoms. Does this mean the IUI failed or does it mean that implantation may not have occured yet? If she was pregnant, do women commonly get any symptoms this early? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Not all Females will experience symptoms and if they do they could minor and realize later it was a symptom :). I've never been pregnant (but hold out hope I will be) but my mom said only symptom she had was hiccups (3 kids and 1 mc (twins)) and my sister stated she had none (2 kids), reason I say this is because I am ALWAYS trying to analyze symptoms and they told me to stop doing this (it only causes more stress in TTC). Wishing you and your wife the very best with a blessed ending :)

I've not had IUI so not sure if the day count is slightly different, but certainly being 9 days post ovulation would be very early for symptoms. Implantation can happen around 7-12 days after ovulation so there's a chance she hasn't implanted yet.

If it has worked and the egg has implanted, it's really early for symptoms still. I've been pregnant twice - the first time I didn't even realise til I was 6 weeks gone. With my 2nd, I knew much earlier as I was paying more attention, but all the things like nausea, frequent urination, tiredness etc did not kick in til 6-8 weeks pregnant. So there is still hope :)

Good luck!

I had a successful IUI in May (then lost) I was on 9days after IUI and was waking up at 6:30am an really emotional....When we got our positive test 14days after I still didnt really get any symptoms, had morning sickness once but constant boob ache.

good luck xx

Hi! My husband and I just had our first IUI Dec. 1. I was on Femara 5mg and then we did a trigger shot and the IUI the next morning. We only had one follicle that we know of. We just found out that we're expecting! I saw the faintest of faint positive on a home pregnancy test 9 days after the IUI, but it was confirmed yesterday with a blood test.

That being said, I've really felt no symptoms at all! Only recently did I start to notice things - my sense of smell definitely has heightened and some foods that I've had taste gross - I'm guessing it's that metallic taste I've always heard people talk about!

They say you shouldn't expect to really feel pregnancy symptoms until you're about 6 weeks along, when the pregnancy hormone (HCG) has built up enough in your system for women to start feeling it.

Anyway, I wish you two the best of luck! I hope you and your wife get a positive test in a few days :) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->