9 days late, nothing but BFNs

Palladium

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've haven't been here for a while, but DH and I have recently started trying for bub no.2 and I'm already going nuts. Sorry this is so long!

I'm on my first cycle after having my mirena removed, I ovulated on day 16, our timing was good, and I thought I felt implantation on 6dpo (I felt it with DD) so I thought we might get lucky. I started testing on 8dpo but I got absolutely nothing with FRERs or with a couple of other brands. I figured we just hadn't managed it so was expecting my period on 15dpo but it never came.

I have had some cramps that felt like AF was coming a few times but its never happened. I haven't had any really obvious pregnancy symptoms, but I didn't with DD either until I was a couple of months along. I have had a strange sensation on my tongue, like I'd burned it when I hadn't, and I did feel one day sick last week when I ate breakfast cereal, which is what triggered the only morning sickness I had last time I was pregnant.

But even now that I'm 9 days late I'm still getting negative tests, and I had a blood test at 5 days late which was negative for hcg as well (although it wasn't a beta). I'm absolutely sure of when I ovulated because I have very distinctive ovulation pain (which I know is reliable thanks to over a year of cycle tracking trying to have DD).

I've read a lot of stories of people not getting positives even on blood tests until they were a couple of months along, but I'm going crazy! Also, because of some complications I had last time, I really need to know by about 6 weeks at the latest so I can start medication. Right now I'd be 5 weeks 2 days.

I called my OB last week and she sent me to my gp for the blood test, but I think I might need her to do an ultrasound to see what's really going on.

Anyone have any insight? I'm wondering if it could be a missed miscarriage or a cyst etc?

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry you are going through this. I am not sure what this could be, maybe you are having a chemical pregnancy or you did not ovulate. The fall in progesterone is what triggers your period and your progesterone should have definitely fallen.

I know you said you are sure you ovulated but really, you can't be sure unfortunately. Even if you did get the pains. You can actually have all of the symptoms of O and not O. Been there.

Also, the singed tongue feeling you mentioned, I have been having that on and off too and hoping it is a sign but you see, I have PCOS and my hormones can go crazy. I feel like I am 10dpo but I honestly may not have even O'd. And when one has an anovulatory cycle the hormones are out of whack and can give all types of "symptoms."

I sure hope you did O and your ultrasound shows a BFP! I would be preparing to BD and treat it like you are about to O again just in case, because if your cycle is regular this is probably just a fluke and you should ovulate around your normal time. If you get a bleed though it will push you back. I hope I have made sense.

If this is only your second cycle after being off Merina, there might be a chance your cycle isn't regular yet? Funny how different each Dr office is, mine won't order a blood test until you are 12 days late because they say it won't show a positive right away.

I'm on my 5th cycle since getting off Merina and I'm 6 days late with my last BFN being at 4 days late. My Dr office told me to test again this coming Friday and if it's still negative then to just wait for my next cycle (supposed to start 11/21). They feel like HPT are really good and that a blood test isn't necessary. They will order one if I insist but they don't recommend it.

My cycles were never very regular before I had my DD, until I started on metformin. I don't have PCOS but I do have insulin resistance. After I started metformin I became textbook-regular, but I have no idea what I'm like now. Basically I had my DD 15 months ago, I had the mirena put in a few weeks after she was born, I stopped breastfeeding then had my mirena taken out a couple of months ago. A few days after it came out I had a period, which started my current cycle. I had all my normal build up to ovulation and felt it happen on day 16. Since then I've had a few vague pregnancy symptoms but nothing on tests. I don't really get much in the way of pre-menstrual symptoms besides cramps, which I've had on and off ever since it was due.

I'm not on the metformin right now, my endocrinologist didn't think it was necessary yet, but my blood sugars aren't great so I'm going to ask him to put me back on it when I see him in Dec if nothing happens before then. I honestly thought that I'd need it to get pregnant again, but then this cycle got so weird, we thought we might have been lucky.

I know it's possible that maybe I didn't actually ovulate when I think I did, but I know what it feels like for me and I'm as sure as I can be without blood tests that I did. When they did the hcg blood test for me they did progesterone as well but they didn't tell me the results.

My plan is to wait another couple of days, then call my OB on Wed if there's still no change. Mostly I just needed to get this out I think, my DH and I agreed not to tell anyone when I get pregnant again until I'm further along, so I don't have anyone I can vent to but him at the moment!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I would definitely ask for the progesterone levels. The bc may have knocked you out of whack again. There are a lot of natural ways to help blood sugar levels too. You should look into them. I really hope you get a BFP or AF soon because trust me, I know the feeling.

Still nothing, no AF and negative test. But I do have some discomfort around my left ovary which I seem to remember I used to get a few days before AF starts, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->