9 days late, spotting? EDIT: AF arrived after 12 days late.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've just hit 8 days late and suddenly started having brown mucus discharge when I wipe. Only just started a couple of hours ago and there was a small stringy clot with it. It was dark brown with a slight amount of red blood mixed in with it. The clot was smaller than my pinky nail though, it was quite small. I took a HTP at 5 days late and it was a bfn. I've had a lot of stretching and twinges in my uterus over the past few days. I'm having slight twinging now.

My DH and I both believe I am pregnant despite what the HPT said 2 days ago and im just wondering if what im currently experiencing is normal? With my daughter I bled for 5 days straight starting on my due date so thought it was just AF and then I had nothing since. This time I've had nothing for 6 days and now tonight, on the eve of thr 7th day, this has started. Just need some opinions.

- AussieBub

Tested this morning, BFN but still no AF so im not giving up hope. Was a small amount of brown mucus when I wiped but nothing else. Could still do with some opinions and support though.

EDIT: Just gone into Day 9 and still no AF but small/light amounts of brown EWCM when wiping still.

- AussieBub

Now 10 days late, amount of brown mucus when wiping has reduced but not gone entirely. Still really hoping for some opinions or anecdotes of similar situations. Feel like im going crazy here.

- AussieBub

Are you having any other symptoms? If you're this late and getting a BFN, it might be time to get a blood test. At nine days late it could very well also be a miscarriage, so either way you might want to call your doctor.

Thank you for your response. I've been having other symptoms (lots of uterus stretching sensations, altered tastebuds, fatigue, constipation, moodiness, dry hair/skin, headaches, sensitive nipples, heightened smell). Last night I went to the bathroom and found a large blob of brown blood on the pad and there was red blood when I wiped. However I went once more before bed and there was very little red blood when wiping and nothing more on the pad. I've not had anymore red blood today, just the watery brown blood when wiping, so I have no idea what my body is doing!

Had a big cry last night about the red blood but now I'm unsure what my body is doing. Wondering if it was just more spotting. I had red bleeding for 5 days with my first daughter. Gonna take another HPT when I reach 14 days late (currently now 11 days late) and if that comes back negative, I'm gonna go to the gp for a blood test. I feel like I've been going crazy and I really appreciate your response.

-AussieBub

Best of luck, Aussie! I had brown, stringy spotting when I was pregnant with Keira. That lasted for weeks! This time around I had an instance of brown mixed with red blood for one day. I would think you should have gotten your BFP being 11 days late.. Are you still breastfeeding? Have your periods been regular?

AF started today. It was a failed pregnancy. Where the uterus rejects the egg and it eventually drops off. I had one last year before we conceived our daughter. I believe I'm CD1 today. Thanks for your reply though :)

- AussieBub

AF started today. It was a failed pregnancy. Where the uterus rejects the egg and it eventually drops off. I had one last year before we conceived our daughter. I believe I'm CD1 today. Thanks for your reply though :)

- AussieBub

Aww, sorry to hear that. On to next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->