9 days post trigger and faint positives?

momwannabe81

Reaction score
So 2 days ago at 5dpo I tested with ic and got a faint positive which at first I thought it was a negative but when u look at it u can see a faint line so of course I knew the trigger shot was still in me but going away. I figured I test again today 7dpo (9 days past trigger) with an ic and still got a faint positive almost darker then the other one. I know I should just wait a few more days to test again but I'm just wondering if it's the trigger or could I have really gotten a bfp this early. Last cycle the trigger was out at 6dpo (8 days post trigger) and didn't get any more positives until 11 dpo but it was on frers. Anyone have had a bfp at 7dpo or had the trigger stay in for a long time?

Hi
I haven't had to trigger, but I ran it by my dear friend, and she suggested maybe the faint was the fade out, and the reason you got a darker line 2 days later may be the start of the real bfp..
I know I have gotten very faint, but def there bfps at 9dpo in the past, but nothing 7/8dpo, however this would still mean I had been preg at 7dpo, just not enough hcg to catch on the test until it doubled+ (from 7dpo to 9dpo).
Also, I have only ever gotten the faint bfp 9dpo when using 15 miu tests in the past. Just a thought.
Baby Dust to you!!

Ty hopefully it is the start to my bfp but I guess only time will tell...

I hope it's the start of your bfp, but my re told me that the trigger is there for up to ten days so you could just have caught the tail end of it.

I hope it's the start of your bfp, but my re told me that the trigger is there for up to ten days so you could just have caught the tail end of it.

Thx Holly
I would go mad trying to decipher the fade out from a true BFP
Hope you are on your way to a BFP

Well another positive today faint but darker then yesterday. Should it get lighter? Ugh the wait. I wish it would just be negative so I know if it is a bfp

Again this would drive me mad...maybe check the boards outside the TWW....see if there are any threads specific to triggering/fade out etc.
I would think if the trigger was getting lighter, then started getting darker the two events could overlap??
Sorry, not much help lol but I feel your frustration!

I'm in the same boat!! Faint positives yesterday using FRER. 12dpo and 13dpt. I don't feel preg though. So worried it's still my trigger shot although when I tested it out the last 2 cycles before this one it was gone by day 10. I didn't test with a FRER test though. I used Wondfos. My Wondfos today was also faintly positive but on Saturday it was negative. However I opened a new batch of Wondfos today so maybe different sensitivity?! Momwannabe81 I'm praying our BFP are real!!! And I'd bet money yours is cause it shouldn't be getting darker. I'm afraid to retest in the morning myself. Terrified it'll be lighter.
My IUI was 7/16 so we're on the same schedule. Keep me posted. It'd be awesome to have a buddy in this.

I think it's ur bfp Sophie, mine wasn't, today's test was barely there but i did a blue dye walmart early result and there was a line, i think it's just picking up the trigger more then the ic since it's more sensitive. I guess my bfp won't show early, last cycle it wasn't until 11dpo

Momwannabe what dpo is it now for you?
It's been 2 weeks today since my trigger. Line is darker this morning on both FRER and Wondfos. I go Friday to have a beta drawn. Pretty much terrified. Praying this one sticks.

Ooh Sophie...sounds like this may be your BFP given the time that has passed since your trigger and that they are getting darker.
Did you ever get a BFN after trigger or are you overlapping like Momwannabe might be?

JLM my test was negative Saturday!!! I still have it. It was a Wondfos and the last of that "batch" so when I tested yesterday it was a new pack of Wondfos and I didn't trust the result. They aren't as sensitive as the FRER and I've never tested post trigger using those so thought maybe it was the trigger. But today both Wondfos and FRER are noticeably darker. Excited but scared. I was in this place twice last year. At my first ultrasound at 7-8 weeks both heart rates were low (42 & 97) and I'm so afraid this one will be the same. We got preg so easy last year but it took us 10 months plus 3 iui's for this one. And I'll be 43 this fall. Tick tick tick.

Hey your clock sounds alot like mine hehe
Yea I'll be 42 shortly trying for a sib for my 4y/o DS
I think you are on your way. I read tons of science journals, studies etc on the whole conception thing, and they all say over 51% of pregs are naturally terminated due to errors in cell division, and that it is nature that stops the process in all species really, not just us.
I think sometimes science is amazing and a curse, because without these more sensitive tests, vs those of the 70s 80s, we would never have the heartbreak of knowing we had early losses...sigh
I still think yours are the real deal, and totally understant your fears.
Just remember, each preg is diff, and the fact that you HAVE been preg means you CAN get preg, so that is the major part of the battle won.
Much as we wish it to go smoothly, the entire beginning process really is up to the bean to perserere!
Sending some very sticky baby dust your way!:hugs:

JLM thank you for your words of encouragement!
How long have you been trying ?

Well I had a crappy divorce from 2012 still dragging on for petty crap...and had been dating my guy for almost 2 yrs when he decided to finalllly tell me he changed his mind about wanting anymore kids :saywhat:
So after a bit of mulling it over and being pissed he wasted valauble fertile time for me at almost 42.. I decided I wasn't gonna miss my chance for a sib for my little boy just because Mr Right's horse seems to be lost in the woods.
I am all set to be a single mom if need be- did it with my first, and hes 23 now.
Sooo roughly just over 9 months, because I had stopped BC last yr BEFORE he admitted he changed his mind.
Thankfully I didn't get pg with him.
I tell ya...so now I am aggressively TTC using a donor I can trust ( he's a friend- no strings, and has been a donor for others twice).
I just refuse to dump all my savings into a donor clinic just yet, since I may need it for fert treatments one day!

JLM I'm so sorry. I hope you get your BFP soon! Fertility treatments are stressful and expensive. Hoping you don't need that!
This is my first baby. I "wasted" all my fertile years married to the wrong man. Started over at 41 with hubs #2. Praying this little miracle sticks.
Keep me posted on your story

Im 9dpo today. Feel bloated and my bb feel sensitive but don't hurt to the touch I just feel them if u get what mean. I even asked dh if they looked bigger and of course he grabbed them lol but the little bumps around the nipple seem more noticeable and bbs seem bigger but it just might be me. This time last cycle was when I implanted so I'm hoping it's the same. I've had some mild cramps but I think it's just gas pressure. Last month was my first ever bfp and was sad it ended in a cp but after reading how usually first times always are a cp I feel a little better.

Thx Sophie!
I have put my search on hold for the next hubby...can't afford to lose anymore fertile time! Who knows...maybe we will meet out at the kiddie areas lol. That would be perfect.
Sorry to hear you had so much time with the wrong man.
I think it is just our nature to try to make it work till the bitter end.

Mom-Sounds like you are getting similar sympts- so hopefully you are well on your way to a sticky bean!

Mom - I implanted Friday and Saturday I think which was 8-9dpo. As for the bbs, I totally get that! Mine aren't sore and weren't with my 2nd pregnancy but they got fuller. They already feel fuller and my nipples are tingly. Basically I'm AWARE of my bbs now and that's odd.
I'm so hopeful this weekend you will get your BFP!!!!!

Still BFN this afternoon
Still sprinkling dust for us all
Sophie still sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back