9 month old OBSESSED by peoples jewellery

carebearstare

1st pregnancy
Reaction score
My 9 & 1/2 month old daughter is obsessed with peoples jewellery. At first I thought it was sweet, now it is almost turning into a problem. When we go to music groups she can spot someone wearing a necklace, crawl through the middle of the circle and up to the person, climb up them and start grabbing their necklace. I let her have a look, but if I prise her off incase she breaks it, she just wants to go straight back and creates a fuss if she can't. It is obviously annoying to the lady wearing the necklace, and it really disrupts the group. It happened today at a baby group where mums just sit round and the babies play, in fact it happens everytime. I can't distract her with anything else, she becomes obsessed.

I dont know how to manage it. Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone think the obsessiveness is something to worry about.

Xx

my lo is the same, though she prob would not crawl up a complete stranger, if anyone picks her up though she goes straight for a watch, necklace or earrings....I wouldn't worry x

I wouldn't worry about it. Ike went through a phase of pulling at everyone's jewellery. I think most babies do it lol!

As the others have said, I think most babies do it at some point, Lyla used to do exact same thing, she still does it a bit now, I wouldnt worry hun x

:hugs: give it time, she'll soon find somthing else to obsess with xxx

she will be like my friends little girl, shes 2 and can not be seen with out her pretties!! shes always got a pretty set of beads and sparkly bracelets on! its very cute lol

i remember when my 4 year old was little and she used to love peoples jewelry but she wouldnt go up to them like your LO, she would just admire from a distance. But on a bus one day this old lady was wearing a big gaudy brooch and Daisy pointed at it and said very loudly, Arrrrr pirate treasure ( in pirate accent!) i was so embarresed!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

that's ace!

Haha -- I like that, too! :flower: I'm not sure how many of my favorite necklaces my toddler has broken. It always starts off so innocently. "Oh, I hate to move her little hand away. We're snuggling, and she's playing with my necklace. It's so sweet ..." Snap! "My favorite necklace!!!" Oh well. She's worth more than any necklace.

I'd just laugh it off at the playgroup and make a joke about how the women need to watch their jewelry with your daughter around. Maybe it will give them a hint so if they don't like it, they can just not wear it to playdates. :flower:

I'm sure it's a phase she'll grow out of eventually. My daughter loves jewelry too. So I bought a few plastic necklaces and bracelets for her and have been starting a dress up box and she loves putting them on and walking around with them clinking together really loudly. :haha: Gotta love girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->