9 oz. bottles?

blondeNklutzi

Mika's Mommy and TTC
Reaction score
I have kind of a silly question. How long did you use the smaller 5 oz. bottles before needing the bigger ones? My LO is taking at least 3 oz. every feeding. We just went today to buy bottles (we are making a surprise transition from breast to formula) and I was wondering if we should just buy 9 oz. bottles rather than the little 4-5 oz. ones?

Hey hun - i started using the bigger bottles last week when i moved izzy onto 5oz feeds. so she was 3 weeks old when we needed them. it's prob best to buy the bigger ones as would make it cheaper for u x

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. Our strange little man has more spit up and gas issues with the expensive bottles than with the cheap ones anyway (baffles me, but hey!) so I think as soon as the store has the 9 oz. bottle in something other than pink butterflies I will get some (OH says no pink butteflies!).

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. Our strange little man has more spit up and gas issues with the expensive bottles than with the cheap ones anyway (baffles me, but hey!) so I think as soon as the store has the 9 oz. bottle in something other than pink butterflies I will get some (OH says no pink butteflies!).

ha ha pink butterflies! x

We started out useing the 6oz bottles, but that was only because they were given to us as a baby shower gift. As soon as Bryson was taking 5oz at a time we went and bought the 8oz bottles.

i have a couple of small bottles that were in part of a set i bought, but tbh i wouldnt have bought them individualy - its so not worth it coz in a few weeks you will need bigger ones anyway - btw i love the pink butterflies i was gonna buy them yest in tesco, but they had a 3 pack of plain ones for a fiver so i had to go for the sensible option olo

2 weeks was when we changed hun.

I wish i'd just bought the bigger bottles now x

I bought the 9oz tt ctn bottles when pregnant and started using them when LO was a couple of days old(greedy beggar!) used the 5oz bottles that came with the steriliser as well though because he took 5oz exactly.

Though all those bottles are now gone :dohh: LO didn't like them or the teats so now on the tesco's bottles little lion design :rofl:

We got some 5oz bottles as part of a set, and we only used them for less than a month before needing bigger ones.

Don't throw them away if you have them though, they are useful if you need to give water before you progress to a cup.

We had both the 5oz and 9oz bottles as part of a set and we used the 5oz ones til Joe was about 4 weeks old. The 9oz ones look massive next to a newborn, but we hardly used the smaller ones!

I've only ever bought 9oz bottles (the wide neck pink butterfly ones from Tesco! :haha:) and I use Avent teats on them because she started out on Avent bottles - my steriliser and breast pump came with the little 4oz bottles which we only used for a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->