9 weeks and losing huge chunks of mucus plug

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
So for the past few days I have been losing bits of my mucus plug. This is my 3rd pregnancy so definitely familiar with what it looks like, anyway this morning I went to the toilet and I lost a massive I mean massive chunk I would say it was enough to cover the palm of my hand and even though I know you shouldn't check I checked my cervix and it is open like almost 2 fingertips wide now I know your cervix can be more open with each baby you have but should I be worried? I don't have the easiest pregnancies vomit most of the 1st and 2nd Tri as well as bleed on and off till usually 18 weeks but this has got me worried. Am I being paranoid or is it something I should see my dr about???

I think that's definitely something you should see your doctor about. I believe it's normal to lose some bits of your mucous plug, but I wouldn't think so early. And if your cervix shouldn't be that open this early either. I'm not an expert, so I definitely could be wrong, but if I were you I'd get it checked out by one.

I don't think it is normal but I have been to theses at least once a week since I found out I was pregnant because of bleeding I feel like I am being an over reactive silly pregnant women.

I'd say better to be safe than sorry. They can be annoyed with you all they want, but you and your babies health and safety come first.

That's what they get paid for!! I'd get it checked!!

I would definitely go get checked out. I don't know much about that kind of stuff because I don't even remember ever losing mine with DS but it would be enough to freak me out.

i would go to the doc i am on baby 7 and only 1cm hugs x

Thanks for all your comments ladies I went into my dr and it was a waste of time she told me she wouldn't check anything as it's not a baby yet just a parasite living off my blood cells!!! So unbelievably annoyed but I should have expected it to be honest she has tried since the beginning to make me not have anti d before 12 weeks despite bleeding on and off the whole pregnancy and when she found out I had my first one through the hospital she was very angry and had a go at me. I ended up ringing the maternity unit where I will be having baby and I was directed to go straight out of town and to their hospital as I need another anti as well as bloods because I haven't had them at the correct times because of my dr and that my cervix most definitely needs to be checked as they will start trying to prevent it from dilating if that is in fact what's happening so we are on a very long 18hr drive at the moment. I live in a very small mining town and have my babies interstate as you can't birth where I live so I go home to my family.
Fingers crossed everything is ok but I lost more chunks of plu not that I know how there was any left after the mass amount I lost in the morning and I have had spotting and lots of cramps :(

i would go to the doc i am on baby 7 and only 1cm hugs x

Just curious did you dilate early with yours the more you had?
I was 5cm dilated with number 2 before I went into labor and midwife said that my chances of having an incompetent cervix is greater because of how dilated I was with my second before labor began

Curious to hear how you go, good luck

What a jerk! I would have punched her for calling my baby a parasite followed by a big fat "screw you, lady." I hope you can get some answers now!

I checked my cervix at 38 weeks with my last baby and I was barely 1cm. I coould just get a tiny bit of finger tip in there. I'm glad you're being seen to, but how fricken rude of your other doctor!! I wouldn't want to see them again! :( Just a parasite!!?? OMG!

I hope you get sorted soon. Please come back and update. x

What a witch!! I hope you get answers and care you nedd!

I know I was beyond shocked when she said it! I havent had the greatest experience with everything this time around I had my appointment this morning and the dr wasnt the nicest :( when I went for the blood test the lady was so rough she left me with a big lump and a bruise, then I went for my ultrasound and the lady was sooo rude and when I tried to explain to her that they wanted to my cervix checked and why she had no idea what a mucus plug was she actually said to me so when your had your last child they put a plug in your cervix and we need to see if you've lost it hahahaha omg I was baffled but she did say it was measuring 3.6 whixh the normal range is 3-5 so I am on the lower end but still within the average. After I left there I got a call to go back to pathology as they used the wrong tube so I had to have another one done it was not a great day!
One of the hardest things though is everytime I try and do a small amount of dishes or play with the kids or be active for 10 minutes or more I get really really bad cramps so I am constantly having to rest and I feel awful for the boys because they are so use to me being up for any activity I dont know how I am suppose to go back to work :(
I have my appointment tomorrow afternoon to get all my results so will update then. Thanks for all your well wishes and replies :)

Good luck with your results. I'll be looking out for your update x

Not so great news today. Baby is still happy but my placenta is not attaching properly so it is breaking away and causing a haemorrage in my uterus and quite a large one bigger than the babies measurement. I have been put on complete bedrest until my 12 week appointment and then will be reassessed. I have lost the right to my homebirth :( and I now have to be under obstetric care rather than midwife care according to my gp but I will wait to talk to the hospital tomorrow and see what they say. It is going to be a very hard few weeks as my husband has to go back home which is interstate and I will be staying at my in laws to have them look after my 2 boys. It is day 1 and the boys are already having a really hard time with trying to understand that mummy isnt allowed to pick them up or play with them the dr said literally to not leave the bed other than toilet and shower. I am going to stay positive about eveything just a bit stressed for my boys for the next few weeks. Thanks so much for all your comments

I am so sorry but with pray for you and baby! I have two boys and couldn't imagine what your going through!

Thanks ladies. Luckily the boys have been fantastic today so far having lots of playtime with nanny which is great.
I spoke to my hospital today and they said hopefully the haemorrage with be reabsorbed by 12 weeks but if not I will have regular scans to make sure its not threatening to baby. I have had alot of pain today and I have stayed in bed other than to have a shower so a bit anxious but I am just staying positive and resting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->