9 weeks, no heartbeat on doppler.. So worried I could cry :(

B

became

So, tried my doppler tonight after hearing all these ladies finding their baby's heartbeat at 8/9 weeks and I couldn't hear a thing :'( I'm now extremely worried! Some reassurance please? Say it's not just me? X

Iv had 2 successful pregnancies and with my first only found heartbeat at 14 weeks, with my second 17 weeks.... The midwife said it's extremely hard to find under 12 weeks... It def will be with me also as I have some extra padding lets say lol
Honestly don't worry xx

We had to get an ultrasound to hear our DD's heartbeat and this baby's heartbeat before 12 weeks. I don't think my midwife was even willing to try it before then! I wouldn't worry, most likely everything is ok :flower:

Hey hun its rly hard to find mayb try just above ur pelvic bone and aim downwards baby is so tiny try lookin for placenta mayb near there but most ppl cant fimd it untill 10-12 wk

My doctor wouldn't even try before 13 weeks. He said it was tricky and caused more worry so he wouldn't do it.

I've found my hb, a very strange noise that sounds like wind blowing through trees? I'm guessing maybe that's the placenta.. Still no baby hb though :( just going to say it's too early.. X

Dont panic, its still early. Most dont even pick it up until at least 10 weeks. The dr couldnt find the hb with a doppler at my 12 week check-up (thats the soonest they even attempt here), it was awful. Booked me an emergency u/s at the hospital and i drove over there bawling my eyes out, called my husband he got out of work and met me there. As soon as the tech put the wand on my tummy, there she was heart pitter-pattering away. The tech said it happens all the time. I cried tears of joy. Turned out she was just moving around a lot. You gotta figure they're still pretty small at that point. If baby is swimming around or tucked up in the back of your uterus or something, there's no way your gonna hear it.

There's a reason why they won't try before 16 weeks in the UK, it's just so hard to find. I had a hospital grade one and couldn't find my daughters till I was 14 weeks.

My doc doesn't try until 12 weeks ! Don't stress yourself out momma.. I'm sure all is perfectly fine :)

I havent been able to find babies hb on my doppler either and im getting so frustrated! But we did seen baby on Friday so i know they are in there. everything i have read has said that it is very hard to find a hb with a doppler before 12 weeks. :hugs: I know its so hard not worry!!

Dont panic hun that swooshing noise is placenter each women is diffo sometimes its rly hard to find xx

I haven't been able to find his babe's yet either. With my daughter I was nearly 18 weeks before I could pick it up on a doppler, but I had an anterior placenta. Super common not to be able to find it this early, try and relax mama!

Try to chill. We got our doppler at nearly 11 weeks and it was STILL so difficult to find baby. They're so small at that point and they do tend to tuck themselves away in tiny little corners.

Also, hearing the placenta is a great sign.

Try not to stress with the doppler. Also, the more stressed you get, the harder it will be to find it as you will just be flustered. Leave it a few days and try again. I'm just over 17 weeks and struggled to find her yesterday, so really really don't worry xx

I found it this morning!!!!! So so happy :D was faint, but definitely there. Right next to the placenta sound. Did it first thing on a full bladder, think that helped. Feel so relieved now :) after all these UTI's etc, I just wanted to know all was still okay. Thanks everyone. Xx

Thanks Laura :) I remember you from many TTC posts, so lovely to see you've finally got your miracle baby! X

What Doppler do you use? I have the Sonoline B 3mHz and was able to find both my babies around 9 weeks.
BUT I always thought that was extremely lucky and very early. It's only having read a couple of threads in First Tri that I realised others found HB as early as 8 weeks.
I still think it is VERY early!!! With my daughter later in pregnancy dying my scans I was told I had posterior placenta and she attached very low plus I do have a flat stomach - all those contributed to me finding HB so early.
I would try and not worry until the 12 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->