9 weeks small bleed...reassurance / experiences needed!

kellycontrary

Reaction score
Hi all
I am approaching 10 weeks with baby number 2.
For the last week on and off I expect had dark brown discharge when I wipe only. Then yesterday it was tinged with a small bit of fresh blood. I know that this can also be considered normal but I didn't have any discharge with my first so it's new to me! Thought I'd be less worried this time round...turns out I'm more! ! Any experiences of this?

Hi!

I am in first tri as well and had a very small bleed last week... I went to the doctor and she said bleeding during the first trimester can be very common. Like you, I didn't have any with my first pregnancy and freaked out. She said that if you are having painful cramps and soaking a pad an hour, then it is most likely something serious. But she said about 1 in 5 people have small amounts of "typical" bleeding and go on with healthy pregnancies.

In my case they are still trying to figure out what is causing the bleed, but she did make it clear that bleeding in early pregnancy is common. I also went crazy when I was bleeding and read every possible first tri post in here that mentioned bleeding. It sounds like small amounts of blood are common, but that if it progresses into something much heavier with painful cramps, it should be checked out immediately.

I've had bleeding during pregnancy with my son. It was always dark brown. It was there when I wiped and also a few scant drops in my underwear. I also had a drop of fresh blood with this pregnancy after a couple bowel movements that came as quickly as they went. I called the on-call nurse and she told me that as long as it didn't continue and wasn't accompanied by heavy cramping that it was probably coming from my cervix, not my uterus. Your cervix apparently gets sensitive during pregnancy.

thank you so much ladies. I had a little bit more red when I wiped earlier again...and then more brown.... come to think of it, the red is after bowel movements too. I had a complete melt down when I saw the second lot of red. I think its because my husband is away for another week and its getting too much!

Im going to not worry about it unless it gets worse. its literally been a a couple of times only but i might ring my midwife for advice just to put my mind at rest tomorrow. xx

You may have a subchorionic hematoma. The ladies on these forums refer to it as SCH. I had it with my twins and I spotted from about 10 weeks until 26 weeks. Blood ranged from pink to red to brown. It is a small bruise formed during implantation and results in bleeding that can range from very slight to quite heavy. It is surprisingly common. I was terrified when I had it but all turned out just fine. :thumbup: My obgyn recommended pelvic rest during times of active (red/pink) bleeding and drinking lots of water to prevent the uterus from contracting due to the irritation of blood.

Take it easy, keep hydrated, and menion SCH to your doc at your next checkup- they may notice it on an ultrasound.

:hugs:

Ive bled conatantly to some degree for the last 3 weeks, it started at 10 weeks and I initially had a huge fresh bleed but have had brown bkeeding since. My baby is fine! Ive also experienced brown spotting that turned out to be a MMC so id always get checked. Im sure if you call your midwife or epac they will scan you for reassurance. All the best x

thank you for your responses. I called the maternity unit yesterday and they told me not to panic and it was likely normal but that they wanted me to be seen by the early pregnancy unit. That was yesteray morning they said to expect a call within the next 48 hours, so hopefully Ill hear from them by the end of the day. I was told to rest up yesterday - which I did as much as I could with a 2.5 year old to look after on my own! - and actually the brown discharge definitely decreased by the evening and no more red blood experiences.
THis mornig though (and sorry.. im about to be a bit graphic) when I wiped I thought I'd check a bit further up than normal (told you!) and that resulted in bright red blood. Again, it wasnt massive amounts but enough to make me think this brown old blood hasnt been there long...I hope that makes sense?!
Feeling rather sick today so hoping thats still a good sign as symptoms had disappeared. Feet up as much as I can until I hear back!

So they called this morning and I am booked in for an early scan tomorrow at 9am. I am truly terrified.. I did a lot of walking about yesterday which I know I shouldnt have so I had more red when I wiped than I was expecting. Its so hard to not worry.

Im off work today, my son is at the childminders and im just sat in front of the tv with my feet up. Its still red when I wipe no clots ....mild cramps almost like a couple of days before starting a period. Not painful..in fact if I didnt have bleeding Id say it was normal pregnancy. Im on my own as my husband is still away so im so scared and the next 24 hours wait is going to be awful :(

thanks so much gemstone. trying so hard to relax! 9am tomorrow seems aaages to wait...and yet i dont want it to come incase it brings bad news.

Ive just seen your post! congrats on the good test results and soon to be moving tri's! :) xxx

I really hope everything went okay ! Hope you don't mind me jumping in.
I bled with my second son .. Later on though around 20 weeks and everything turned out just fine ! Hoping the same for you <3

Thanks ladies unfortunately it's not good news. They found baby was only measuring around 6 weeks and too small to detect a heartbeat. I had my first positive pregnancy test on 4th May so I know baby should be a lot further along. They could see no bleeding atound baby and because it's measuring so small they aren't allowed to say for certain that the pregnancy isn't viable. So unless so something happens naturally I had to go in for a scan next Tuesday to see if it's progressed. It's obviously very unlikely x

Aww, I'm so sorry that things didn't go as planned. :hugs: Please keep us posted. I have been where you are right now. Hang in there. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->