• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

9 Weeks Ultrasound No Baby

Amethyst76

Reaction score
Has anyone else received an ultrasound at 9 weeks and not seen the baby? I am positive I am 9 weeks 3 days, but ultrasound didn't show a sac or baby. I have endometriosis and wondered if that could be contributing.
I have had symptoms (severely nauseous, sensitivity to smells, exhausted, napping daily, headaches, breasts extremely sore and firm, waistband tight, overly emotional, craving protein and dairy, frequent urination, etc.) for several weeks now.
Just confused why I don't see baby.

I am sorry to hear this, did they check to see if baby was ectopic? Are they doing any further tests or scans?

Im really sorry..I dont want to sound negative or anything, I really am sorry you are experiencing this but in my experience both with having a baby and having a miscarriage is that at 9 weeks the baby should be visible for sure.. And sometimes it happens that the pregnancy ends but your body gives you no signs of that. Im so sorry to say that.. I hope things are ok in the end..good luck

im also nervous for you about ectopic, because they are saying they see nothing in the uterus, and at nine weeks if it is elsewhere it can rupture, why didnt they send you to the hospital? did they take your hcg levels?
unless you have something to go on that you could only be 4 or 5 weeks

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It truly sucks. But at 9 weeks there definitely should be a baby visible. I've had 2 9 week ultrasounds - one with my MMC and one with my daughter and even with my MMC we saw the sac and with my daughter we saw her very easily and clearly via abdominal ultrasound. Are they doing any other sort of testing? When was your first positive test?

So sorry you're going through this worry. As others have said, you should have seen something at this stage.
What follow up tests have they offered? I'd push for bloods checking for hcg levels to see if they are rising, and a second ultrasound.

Hope you get answers soon :flower:

Thanks everyone. My doctor went on vacation and still hasn't called back. So all I know is what we saw on the ultrasound. She won't be back until Tuesday. But I want asked to do any other tests.

If you are testing positive and are 9 weeks something is causing hcg. At 9 weeks you should easily be able to see a baby and even in a missed miscarriage a sac. I would be very aggressive with your doctor about making sure you do not have an ectopic pregnancy.

Over here from second tri. In my opinion, do NOT wait for your doctor to get back. Go to the ER, and get your tests done ASAP. If you're still testing positive, it means that you could possibly be in a currently life threatening situation, and waiting for him to get back could be dangerous. You need to go and get another Ultrasound, and make sure that baby is not in your Fallopian Tubes as soon as you can.

Please go to the ER, you have to get checked. If you're 9 weeks, had no bleeding/clots and still testing positive, something is wrong :(

Are you still testing positive on pregnancy tests? Sint wait, go and get yourself seen by another doctor

I agree, get straight to the ER and insist on finding out what's happening. I'm sorry you have to go through this and big hugs xxxxx

I agree that you shouldnt wait for your doctor...they will check everything in the ER and you can know for sure.. thats not something you should be left with weighing on you... I will also add, for the ladies saying if you are still getting a positive something is up... I had a blighted ovum and had a positive test for 9 weeks straight.. the first scan at 5 weeks showed a sac.. the next at 8 showed nothing.. it definetly can happen that you still get a positive in a bad situation.. I also had a + for a month after my MM, after it was complete.. ... Get seen hun, i cant imagine what you`re going through just waiting for this.

I agree with the other ladies and I'd be putting a complaint in that they could have left you in a potentially life threatening situation. Your doctor should have made locating the reason for HCG levels a priority. :growlmad: x

Thank you all for responding. I started bleeding (no pain) yesterday and assume that's a good sign since my uterus was empty (from what I could see) on the ultrasound. Hoping if it is miscarriage it will happen as quickly and pain free as possible so we can start trying again soon.
Thank you again for the concern and kind thoughts. 😊

I'm really sorry darling! I hope it happens quickly and painlessly. Big :hugs: and good luck for the future x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"